Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arex Rex Alpha

Maks_H

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My remarks were in regards to the Arex line of Pistols : I don't do the competition shooting anymore. That was never my thing : I do appreciate the skill required to participate 

What did you do to your Rex Zero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I polished the Trigger bar(side against Frame) Polished the hammer strut and installed a competition Spring Kit . Last I  took a limited amount of materiel off the Firing Pin Block(Making reset much shorter) 

Should be the same kind of deal on the Alpha then? I plan to polish everything when I get it, but I’m not 100% sure on part cross comparability with these. I’ve had a could Shadows and tanfos that I’ve done all my own fitting and trigger work on, but I’ve never had a Sig style platform.

46 minutes ago, Malarkey said:

Should be the same kind of deal on the Alpha then? I plan to polish everything when I get it, but I’m not 100% sure on part cross comparability with these. I’ve had a could Shadows and tanfos that I’ve done all my own fitting and trigger work on, but I’ve never had a Sig style platform.

To bad I didn't know you wanted an alpha I have a Brand New one : I haven't even fired a full mag thru : I love the gun But shouldn't have bought it : I'm in security and the Alpha is at the very least a beautifully made range toy : To answer your question No the parts in the alpha aren't quite the same. There's no Firing Pin block . Changing the Hammer strut spring is child's play. The Rex Zero 1 was not for the average guy who has no clue of how to take a weapon apart.  You can polish the Strut and Trigger bar : Should I decide to keep the Alpha that's what I will do. The only other thing would be the Straight Trigger when they are available. IMO I'm not sure Straight Triggers benefit that much. I have a Sig 320 that I purchased a Grayguns completion Trigger kit for. They have been Out of the version with a straight Trigger for ages . So I purchased the Curved Trigger one to get the 3.75 Trigger pull. Afterward I got my hands on the straight Trigger : There was no difference performance speaking. For competition I can see them For Security or HD IMO not needed. Maybe not even wise : JMPO

To bad I didn't know you wanted an alpha I have a Brand New one : I haven't even fired a full mag thru : I love the gun But shouldn't have bought it : I'm in security and the Alpha is at the very least a beautifully made range toy : To answer your question No the parts in the alpha aren't quite the same. There's no Firing Pin block . Changing the Hammer strut spring is child's play. The Rex Zero 1 was not for the average guy who has no clue of how to take a weapon apart.  You can polish the Strut and Trigger bar : Should I decide to keep the Alpha that's what I will do. The only other thing would be the Straight Trigger when they are available. IMO I'm not sure Straight Triggers benefit that much. I have a Sig 320 that I purchased a Grayguns completion Trigger kit for. They have been Out of the version with a straight Trigger for ages . So I purchased the Curved Trigger one to get the 3.75 Trigger pull. Afterward I got my hands on the straight Trigger : There was no difference performance speaking. For competition I can see them For Security or HD IMO not needed. Maybe not even wise : JMPO

I’ve been thinking about trying something different from my stock 2, and got this on a whim. I may turn around and sell it but wanted to at least get one in my hands to mess with.

I thought all of the US ones had a firing pin block?

16 hours ago, Malarkey said:

I’ve been thinking about trying something different from my stock 2, and got this on a whim. I may turn around and sell it but wanted to at least get one in my hands to mess with.

I thought all of the US ones had a firing pin block?

Maybe they do Because I am debating on Selling I haven't taken it apart : Although not sure why you'd even want the reset Shorter 

1 minute ago, Maks_H said:

Because they were added to the shipping batch later and weren't planned at first. So according to original paperwork everything was ok. It happens... 

Yeah I am sure it does. Not blaming you : What's unfortunate in Today's world is Nobody ever takes responsibility for screwing up. Hopefully they found them. 

On 9/21/2018 at 7:40 AM, Malarkey said:

They aren’t kidding when they say these grip screws are loctited from the factory. Even with a heat gun, I was only able to get one off and strip the other 3.

What kind of fastener does this gun use? Is it something you could likely take out with a heat gun and then the use of an impact driver.

What kind of fastener does this gun use? Is it something you could likely take out with a heat gun and then the use of an impact driver.

It’s a T10 Torx. The screws look to be the same as what comes on a 226.

That’s damn tiny for a grip screw. But then, I’m used to CZs and Tanfos which annoyingly rely on one screw per grip panel.

They’re out now. Made a notch with a dremel and replaced them. Can confirm, they take Sig 226 grip screws.

fe5f169cb6ca378d14b601e4bf7d2755.jpg355304505a03d1c033a0ea168267fcec.jpg5d6828e4bb9edfd899511ae5254bca47.jpg