Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger ICORE survey

I can't be convinced that a Ruger can be tuned as light as a Smith with Ruger's coiled hammer springs.

I filled out the Ruger ICORE survey, but unless they come out with a 10 round 32 Magnum I can't imagine I'd ever shoot one.

Some might be surprised how light you can run a Ruger.  I had a Super Redhawk running at 6# DA with Federal primers for a while.  The biggest weakness in their design is the cylinder release.  I sincerely hope they take these surveys and act on them.  Competition amongst manufacturers should be good for all of us.  

Some might be surprised how light you can run a Ruger.  I had a Super Redhawk running at 6# DA with Federal primers for a while.  The biggest weakness in their design is the cylinder release.  I sincerely hope they take these surveys and act on them.  Competition amongst manufacturers should be good for all of us.  
I've never shot a Ruger on the clock, but the cylinder release has never bothered me. I reload strong hand and the same motion I use on a Smith seems to mash the Ruger release just fine. I could see it being a reach if you don't change hands when you reload.

22 hours ago, PatJones said:
On 1/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, Alaskan454 said:

I've never shot a Ruger on the clock, but the cylinder release has never bothered me. I reload strong hand and the same motion I use on a Smith seems to mash the Ruger release just fine. I could see it being a reach if you don't change hands when you reload.

I used to reload strong hand but eventually switched to WHO.  On the Ruger I have an odd way of opening the cylinder but it works for me.  I use the weak hand to press the release and my strong hand pointer finger to push the cylinder out.  If all goes well, it's plenty fast.  

• 1 year later...
Just read this older thread. Did the survey or the new team have a say in the new 8rd gp revolver.
I think i will wait and here how the run as another 8rd revolver was in my plans.
I assume so, but my comments were that anything more than a 7 lb double action pull was a deal breaker.

Things are indestructible though, you probably wouldn't need to replace one anytime soon though.