Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nevada Gm Motivational Therapy

James OPEN Class: M Current Pct: 92.836 High Percent: 93.867

Erik LIMITED Class: M Current Pct: 93.380 High Percent: 93.475

Flexmoney alluded to some Reno shooters who should have GM cards. James and I have been knocking on the door of that classification and we mention it from time to time. But we can't seem to string a few high percentage classifiers in a row. I think we need a kick in the ass. What do you suggest to motivate us?

ong45 is highly motivated by simple wagering. As little as five bucks could increase his hit factor on a classifier by 5%.

Here's a splash of cold water, if you believe that promotions should only be earned by percentage shot at nationals i haven't even earned my M card yet :lol:

The best i have been able to do so far is 82% of Graufell's score at the columbus cup. :wacko:

James

I am voting for Greg...just for the simple fact that you two are here all the time and it might help motivate ya.

Once one of you does it, the other two will do so rather quickly.

Oh...ditto what Jake said.

Greg and James have been sandbagging so long it's in their blood ;)

I shot with them at my first big match in Washington a few years back when they were both "C" shooters, Max was the wunderkid (still a junior), and where you had to chop of Darth Mull's head to start a stage. Some of the fastest C class shooters ever to hit the class.

I guess they would just rather be at the top of the class rather than clawing their way up the next one ;)

:ph34r:

Besides, everyone knows the twins from Reno can't shoot worth #@*)(#* and for the Myth Busters dude, all he does is break cr@p.

Is that enough motivation? :D

Either you two sandbaggers grandbag your GM cards toute suite, or you'll have to...ahem..."fully commit" to joining Team America.

If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

Hey QuicksDraw! Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Someone should poke a hole in James bag to let the sand out while he's not looking

I would protest except it might seem like i'm protesting too much, methinks. :D

James

We don't do Barry in July.

Gee Nancy...who holds your purse while you shoot?

No wonder you don't have the G yet...you might get dirty trying.

You are going to the equater in a month, and you are all icky about Barry in July?

Candy-ass gram for Mongo.

Searching here for motivation? Next thing you know, you will be asking us what color grips to put on your gun.

I heard of one GM who's father would pelt him with rocks/gravel when he missed. Perhaps you Reno boys could tickle each other with a feather. (Please observe the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.)

Want some cheese with that whine?

"Sandbagging in Master makes me feel kinda funny...like in gym class, when we u'sta climb da rope."

[Andrew "Dice" Clay voice on] What...we gotta build you an igloo now honey?

Erik Warren Posted Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Neither of us are going to the nats. We don't do Barry in July

Actually the biggest reason i can't go to barry is that i can't afford to do both the nat's and WS. The heat and humidity will likely be worse in Guayaquil.

James

Is it time to start a sandbagger vs. grandbagger thread again? :)

If I can get about half serious here for a second...

Skill-wise, there likely isn't a whole lot of difference between Master and Grand Master. At that point in the game, it seems to become more of a mental exercise. And, as far as the mental aspect is concerned, nothing changes much because of the card you carry.

The card almost always is an external judgement of some sort, however. It is very hard for it not to be. So, here we are, measuring ourselves against this arbitrary marker. Judging ourselves as either worthy...or, not so. With this judgement, we influence our performance.

Think of how good we all could be if we lived in a vacuum...execution without regard/judgement. Just shooting.

Flexmoney Posted Today, 10:45 AM

Skill-wise, there likely isn't a whole lot of difference between Master and Grand Master. At that point in the game, it seems to become more of a mental exercise. And, as far as the mental aspect is concerned, nothing changes much because of the card you carry.

I remember when i made A class ,thinking to myself now i am in really deep water. Since making M i don't really care anymore how i do in my class, overall placings motivates me more. Getting the GM card might give me a kick in the ass but i doubt it. One possible benifit to being a GM might be the chance to get squadded with the cool kids at matches.

I really want the card... honest. But i draw the line at reshooting classifiers to get it.

Skill-wise, there likely isn't a whole lot of difference between Master and Grand Master.  At that point in the game, it seems to become more of a mental exercise.  And, as far as the mental aspect is concerned, nothing changes much because of the card you carry. 

The card almost always is an external judgement of some sort, however.  It is very hard for it not to be.  So, here we are, measuring ourselves against this arbitrary marker.  Judging ourselves as either worthy...or, not so.  With this judgement, we influence our performance.

Think of how good we all could be if we lived in a vacuum...execution without regard/judgement.  Just shooting.

excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
Gee Nancy...who holds your purse while you shoot?

holy crap dude - Real women GO TO BARRY IN JULY!

Remind me to kick your butt for this one! Or even better, remind me I wanna talk to Jenny (in Barry in July)!!!!

Ha... :rolleyes: Whaaaatever Sugargrrl. You won't even shoot in the rain. :):D:P (You did do good keeping up in the beer drinking department.)

E, did your recent 100% put you over the top?

Flex, beats me. I shot a recent 87% that will drag things down and one of my 100%s should expire soon.

Looks like that 87 is already posted? And, doesn't count in your top 6. Unless you have something else going in that will muck things up, your newest 100 should knock off your oldest 89.

B)

A couple weeks ago in Sacramento ong45 shot 100% on El Strong & Weak Prez when I ate a miss for that 87%. (That's not the 7/03 score; it's not up yet.) Then yesterday I burned down Barrel of Fun for 100% and he zeroed it. We got us a horse race!

Looks to me like your oldest of the eight will be the 100 from 8/04. Add in the two that haven't posted (an 87 and the 100 to get your most recent eight).

The two recent 87's will be the low two of the eight, so they won't count. I think the other six put you over.

100 - new

87 - new

89 - old

84 - old