Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P full size in IDPA CCP?

narwhal

I have read that the M&P full size 4.25" barrel can fit in the IDPA CCP box.  The main issue would be the height dimension, which is limited to 5.375" for the box.  S&W specs the M&P full at 5.5" height.  Obviously since it is smaller than the other specs like length I imagine it could tilt a little bit to fit, but I'm not sure.  Has anyone tried fitting it in a CCP box?  I also read that people have used 10 round magazines and shaved down the baseplates to make it fit (I don't have any 10 round mags but I assume they are used because the bottom of the full sized's 10 round mags doesn't actually touch the mag spring and can be shaved without consequence).  Would shaving down the takedown tool's base also be necessary?

Sorry, I suck and can't hack it in SSP so I need to shoot a full sized gun in the mouse gun division :P . Just don't want to get a FTDR or w/e if I shot the gun in the wrong division.

• 8 months later...

I saw an advertisement for a thin, tapered aluminum base plate, but it was a trial balloon and I cannot find it for sale.

So I started sanding on a $2 spare plastic pad.  I only have an outline of The Box on my bench but I appear to have got it down enough or nearly enough to fit.  I will sand some more and take it to a club with The Box to see.

The "takedown tool" is well inside the limit. 

• 1 month later...

Well how did it go in the box at the club Im in the same boat as OP.  However I dont know If CCP is really any better arent they alot more modified in some cases, sorry if thats a dumb question I just started on this journey just shot my first match NOV. 3   it was alot of  fun but I need to work on alot of things for sure .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...