Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Munitions

stuey93

I don't mean to be a butt-in-ski because I believe the nature of your question is to see if they'll run in your CZ (and I'm an XDm guy -which they run great) but there was a discussion a bit ago about how the .40 165 are spec'ed at EXACTLY 165 power factor so folks who run freedom at major matches with a chrono stage get the 180 to ensure they'll make major. I'll echo Darqusoull13, I'd get a small lot of each and do some testing of your own. FM stuff runs great in my XDm's in 9 and .40 but their .38 sp is no bueno in my Smith revolver. I tend to buy the new stuff too. A couple cents a round is cheap peace of mind.

I've run several thousand Freedom RNFP 180's through my TS. PF is around 172 in my gun. One of my friends shoots the 165's and they did in fact chrono slow in his pistol, so great for practice, not good for major matches.

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 2:31 PM, Darqusoull13 said:

Buy 100 of each, chrono and get a feel for what you actually like through your gun. You don't want to get stuck with a bunch of ammo either you or your gun don't like. 

Agree 100%