Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

safety not working Stock 2

Fasthenk65

Today I spend 8 hours disassembling and polishing my Stock 2 Xtreme following Memphismechanics super video's (he is great).

After the usual struggle all went well (I will never become a gunsmith....) Improved trigger... All smooth. Only, safety does not engage at all when hammer fully cocked. If half cocked it functions.

Changed sear but sear doesn't touch safety?...

What did I do wrong?

regards,

Henk

Can you show us a closeup picture of the bump in the shaft of your old safety?

It was probably filed on to fit it to the old sear, which simply means you need a new safety and to go ahead and to fit your sear & safety to each other.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

49 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Can you show us a closeup picture of the bump in the shaft of your old safety?

It was probably filed on to fit it to the old sear, which simply means you need a new safety and to go ahead and to fit your sear & safety to each other.

middle of the night here in Europe (and heavy snow) going to bed now, will do pictures tomorrow. Memphis should have looked longer to your vids, TRS took me one hour :-)

On 11-12-2017 at 12:57 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

The key with the trigger return spring (TRS) is to make a smaller temporary “slave” pin the width of the trigger to hold the spring in place. 

I use a piece of the handle from a Q-tip cotton swab.

Memphis, what does the small hole for the Sear spring do (except keeping the spring in place? Does it become softer (since less tension??) BTW I fixed the safety problem by putting the old sear back in :-) Als put the medium Grauffel spring in now all primers pop. Have to order 15,5 PD springs, do the same but better trigger! (guy at the club runs them)

@Fasthenk65  You’re referring to the notch I ground in the sear in my videos?

@johnbu advised me to do that. Mostly to reduce the effective rate of the spring slightly.

I very much enjoy shooting a plastic gun again. I don’t think it gives anything up to the Tanfoglio: light guns drive between close targets more agressively but aren’t as stable on distant targets. I personally shoot more accurately with a trigger than rolls back under pressure, instead of remaining frozen until it breaks like glass.

I like the Walther. It’s scary accurate, just like the Stock 3 was. Pick the one you like the most and practice. ;) 

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@johnbu advised me to do that. Mostly to reduce the effective rate of the spring slightly.

I very much enjoy shooting a plastic gun again. I don’t think it gives anything up to the Tanfoglio: light guns drive between close targets more agressively but aren’t as stable on distant targets. I personally shoot more accurately with a trigger than rolls back under pressure, instead of remaining frozen until it breaks like glass.

I like the Walther. It’s scary accurate, just like the Stock 3 was. Pick the one you like the most and practice. ;) 

grazie

just now I need a vid series on how to tune a Walther :-) I really enjoyed your S3 vids and they were really helpful!! Make another masterpiece! Nice evening!

As @MemphisMechanic said, it reduces sear spring force slightly , but it also keeps the spring in place during assembly.

It's just one little thing that helps out. Almost no impact alone,  but add up all of them and the gun gets pretty nice.

3 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

grazie

just now I need a vid series on how to tune a Walther :-) I really enjoyed your S3 vids and they were really helpful!! Make another masterpiece! Nice evening!

How to tune Q5 Match or PPQ:

1) take extensive photos / videos as you tear down the gun

2) polish all the places shooting it has made shiny from metal-on-metal

3) reassemble accordingcto your photos and enjoy a massively clean and shootable 5.0ish pound trigger

That’s all I did. Still running all the stock springs. Replacing the trigger return spring alone drops it under 3 pounds... but it loses its crispness. Mine is factory minus grip tape, front sight, and 13lb recoil spring / guide rod.

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

if u like plastic  guns try " strike 1 " this is scary accurate gun.