Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade issues

Djp55

22 hours ago, Djp55 said:

It was a bit unclear on their site as their product descriptions are less than useful.

I'm sorry you find my question annoying socal, but when you don't know what to search, the search feature is a bit hard to use effectively. 

Thanks for the info @SouperMan, appreciate the help. 

The below information is straight from the product page, further more if you should need more help feel free to call and we'll assist in anyway we can. Seems like your on the right track now.......

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

Wow, you sure are a great ambassador for Patriot Defense.

As we've stated numerous times before SoCal is his own free spirit and is not employed by Patriot Defense

Im going back to milling more tanfo slides now...........

NOTE – For a trouble free install with the BOLO interrupter we recommend you have the Xtreme Sear and Titan Hammer installed on your pistol. These two items are a must if your looking for a trouble free install on your firearm.

• Please read the below product description before purchasing.
  • Some pistols will require fitting due to the vast amount of machining tolerance variations in these pistols. 
  • The supplied pin is designed to float in the hammer pin holes, use grease to aid in assembly and keep the pin from falling out. 
  • Please contact us should you have any question regarding fitting or modifying your BOLO

Installation Directions-

1. Check single action function, first.  SA should drop and reset with the slide on.  If SA does not break or reset, remove material from angle 1, following the natural curve of the interrupter. This also applies if SA breaks, but does not reset.
  1. Check double action function.  If DA does not break remove material from angle 2. CAUTION: This is an extremely sensitive part of the process; if you do not feel comfortable attempting this, please have a qualified gunsmith fit this part or send your firearm to Patriot Defense for proper fitting.

BOLO Fitting

18 minutes ago, Djp55 said:

It was a really quick and easy process. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes between filing and refitting multiple times. The bolo is amazing, definitely makes a big difference. 

I thought my trigger was good before with polish and stock disco until I replaced it with the extreme parts and bolo disco.

16 hours ago, Djp55 said:

It was a really quick and easy process. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes between filing and refitting multiple times. The bolo is amazing, definitely makes a big difference. 

If you carefully file down the tip of the bolo (at the bottom of the above photo with the red 1 and 2 in it) it will allow the hammer to be cocked back further before it falls.

The bolo doesn’t push the hammer back nearly as far, and that can result in light strikes.

Don’t go too far, or you’ll need to buy another bolo. Mine needed .006” removed.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Doing that could allow for a lighter hammer spring to be used, correct? BTW, currently listening to your video series, awesome stuff & great work. Much appreciated sir. 

Edited by Djp55

Correct.

It’ll make your gun hit slightly harder with whatever spring you use. It may allow for you to drop to a lighter spring and still be relable. Your gun’s tolerances and your primer & reloading precision will be important in how light you can go.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

21 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Correct.

It’ll make your gun hit slightly harder with whatever spring you use. It may allow for you to drop to a lighter spring and still be relable. Your gun’s tolerances and your primer & reloading precision will be important in how light you can go.

this is absolutely correct, good info MM