Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Wonder Lube

vluc

Near friction free lube discovered

lubricant

Perpetual motion emotion

By INQUIRER staff: Wednesday 06 July 2005, 11:30

A REPORT said that scientists at Seikei and Aichi universities have discovered a lubricant that promises near to zero friction.

According to the report, in today's Nikkei Business Daily, the multilayer material consists of arrays of ball shaped fullerene molecules, between a sandwich of ultra thin films of graphite.

The graphite layers are around 1.3 nanometres, says the paper, with the fullerene balls about .7 nanometres in diameter, with molecular forces keeping the balls spaced evenly.

The report claims that when pressure is applied, it operates at a friction force of less than .4 nanonewtons - that compares to top lubricants exerting one nanonewton.

The Nikkei Business Daily reckons that the stuff can be turned into a powder and applied to mechanical parts to extend their active life. µ

I stick with Break-Free CLP especially on my M-16's moving parts. This lube is just terrific! I also have used it on my Glocks, 1911 and Taurus PT 92.

If Break-Free isn't available, I use the ever "faithful" WD-40. It's dirt cheap, available even on drug stores, and works!

My brother uses Mobil 1 on his guns and they also work very well. A liter goes a long, long way! B)

My brother uses Mobil 1 on his guns and they also work very well.  A liter goes a long, long way!  B)

Just don't use it anywhere near the hood if you shoot moly-lube bullets....and don't accidentally spill too much. It's a detergent oil and will eat the coating off of the bullet gumming up your chamber to the point of major malfs....just ask me how I know.... <_<

This new lube sounds pretty slick (punny!), but the primer feed on my 550B would still be sticking and hacking. :angry::angry:

Heh. I'm using 80W marine gear lubricant left over from when I last changed the lower-unit oil on an outboard motor.

This stuff has stable extreme pressure additives as well as special anti-foam agents. What think y'all of that, eh?

Hey, they had better call it something other then "Wonder Lube".........

After 44 years of using a special blend of oil at the shop we are going to finally start marketing it, and that is the name we are using !

You had better call it something other than "wonder lube". You won't be the first to use that name...not by a long shot. (punch it into a Google search)