Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am new-ish to the tanfo platform and I am having great success with it. 

Shot with a Shadow 2 most of this season and I am currently shooting the Tanfo. I was able to put 600 rounds in 3 range visit and I am blown away by the difference in between the two platforms, very happy with the Stock 2.

I have purchased a few shock buffers for this pistol, and I tried it with and with out and I could not notice any difference in  felt recoil, however, the action becomes stiffer when the buffer is in, like if there was less wiggle room between the barrel and the slide when out of battery and it takes more effort to rack the slide.

The gun was used for about 200 rounds with a  buffer with no ill effects, however, when operated by hand I can feel it is tighter.

Wondering if any of you has any first hand experience with these buffers. I am thinking that they might be a gimmick and might as well keep them out.

yeah these buffers seems to go a long time, after a few hundred shots I noticed that it was still like new.

I do have the extreme guide rod.

Maybe this is not really needed for a 9mm pistol, I bought them under the impression that it would save the slide and frame for battering however, after shooting with out the buffer I can't really find any marks or anything...

I presume then that the point of the buffer is mostly dampening recoil than saving the gun from battering....

Edited by Avenida

u will prevent impact between metal that increase slide  service life  . i use buffers on 9mm.

f=mv/dt

buffer  increases contact time between 2 metals .that decrease impact forces on slide and frame.

read on this forum that  big names  advised remove buffer because it make problems.:o

if u have time read this -cz ts .40 shot 90 k and still alive.

http://www.strictlyipsc.com/gear.htm

I use buffers that looks like they’re made from polyurethane on 9mm and 10mm Stock II and Stock III. I would replace the buffer after 5,000 rounds. It’s probably good till 10,000.
DPM systems on Stock III, Limited Custom, and CZ SP-01 otherwise.

7 hours ago, yigal said:

u will prevent impact between metal that increase slide  service life  . i use buffers on 9mm.

f=mv/dt

buffer  increases contact time between 2 metals .that decrease impact forces on slide and frame.

read on this forum that  big names  advised remove buffer because it make problems.:o

if u have time read this -cz ts .40 shot 90 k and still alive.

http://www.strictlyipsc.com/gear.htm

I read the story about this gun, pretty cool, however he finishes recommending the buffers. Do you have a link to the other thread where the big names advise against it?

thanks

no. i don't have link. but look few treads above.  mr. J .advised u not use buffers. and i know he  has very good skills  and deep   knowledge  as a  gunsmith .

when i was shooting in group that was sponsored. the only  slides that  worked without

a fracture were mine,because i use buffers. check on this  forum and others  that shooters crack cz .ts .40 slides  around 40k and less.

20 y. ago one of eu shooters started manufacture buffers after i showed him how it works on mine.

u can do what u want .if buffers will make u problems do what mr.J. advised u.