Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New PCC.....

In an earlier thread I mentioned that I'm in the process of putting together a new gun. 

The parts list is as follows:

1. QC 10 upper and lower

2. Taccom barrel with foam handguard

3. QC 10 bolt assembly

4. Magpul Miad grip, spring tube, and CTR buttstock

5. Hiperfire 24C

6. Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer with .308 spring 

7. Raptor charge bar

8. BA ambi-safeties

9. Glock mags

10. C-More railway with 6 moa minute dot

11. Aero Precision lower parts

Is there anything else that will make life easier when running through the stages, or is there anything on this list that might be reconsidered?

Edited by MikieM

Taccom Magwell, makes a huge difference or classifiers or panic reloads ($30). I would suggest a hyperfine 24c/ecl over the timney. At least 1 +10 extension to let you start with 40 rounds. I would also recommend the taccom 3g carbon fiber handgaurd - $90 and much lighter than the troy. Also, if you aren't going to use a compensator, I would suggest the taccom ramped barrel and taccom bolt. 

12 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

Taccom Magwell, makes a huge difference or classifiers or panic reloads ($30). I would suggest a hyperfine 24c/ecl over the timney. At least 1 +10 extension to let you start with 40 rounds. I would also recommend the taccom 3g carbon fiber handgaurd - $90 and much lighter than the troy. Also, if you aren't going to use a compensator, I would suggest the taccom ramped barrel and taccom bolt. 

I'm new to PCC, so let me ask. What has not using a comp got to do with a Taccom bolt and barrel?

The same question goes to the trigger.

I'm new to PCC, so let me ask. What has not using a comp got to do with a Taccom bolt and barrel?

The same question goes to the trigger.

The Taccom barrel doesn't allow comps. It's roughly 5.5" and has a shroud to make legal length.

Only 2 Timney triggers currently work in most PCCs, and that isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the deal. I just now cancelled the order for the Timney, and ordered a 24C.

Also, I bought the last Taccom 9 mm barrel. The one with the foam rubber hand guard.  It's so damn ugly it's gorgeous. 

Any other suggestions while I'm spending my grand kids college money? :lol:

4 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

Make sure you order the ramped barrel

and their bolt carrier group. It will greatly reduce the chance of you having FTFs.

I talked with the good folks at Taccom, and they said that I would be good to go with the QC 10 bolt and their non-ramped barrel.

Edited by MikieM
47 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

I did not see this one their site, or anywhere else really.   

Is there any info on the web?

Hello: Tim sells a barrel extension that you can get a single port comp on the threaded part and then just the aluminum tube to make up the rest of the barrel. Weld it in place if you don't have the stamp to give you 16" of barrel length. Great option for making a pistol into a rifle. Thanks, Eric