Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Every notification twice

RevolverJockey

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still seeing the same thing as well. Agree about the time-frame when it started as being around a month ago. And agree with OP that it is only the new notifications that are causing the issue.

What email service are you using?

Are you sure one doesn't say (Tapatalk) on it and the other is from the forum?  I get the same thing, but actually one is from the forum and the other is basically from Tapatalk, but they look very, very similar.  Only in the subject line it does say Tapatalk in the one, otherwise, they look the same.  Just a thought.  Not saying that is your problem, but I would check just to be sure. :) 

On 9/15/2017 at 2:42 PM, wgj3 said:

I'm still seeing the same thing as well. Agree about the time-frame when it started as being around a month ago. And agree with OP that it is only the new notifications that are causing the issue.

What email service are you using?

I am using the mail App on an iPhone with Gmail. It shows up on my iPad that way as well. I haven't logged into my mail from a computer in years.

Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

10 hours ago, R1_Demon said:

Are you sure one doesn't say (Tapatalk) on it and the other is from the forum?  I get the same thing, but actually one is from the forum and the other is basically from Tapatalk, but they look very, very similar.  Only in the subject line it does say Tapatalk in the one, otherwise, they look the same.  Just a thought.  Not saying that is your problem, but I would check just to be sure. :) 

Any feedback on this?

Same for me. Exactly the same about 1 minute apart. I tried unfollowing the forum thinking I maybe was following it twice somehow. Gave it a few days with no emails then followed it again. Right back to double emails - only on new topics. 

Lee

IMG_2802.PNG

Edited by RevolverJockey

From IP:

==================

Hello,

Please could you get an example member, and an item they have been notified about twice? Also whether or not it was in relation to a reply or new item. I can then take a closer look at this for you.

Kind Regards,

Marc Stridgen

==================

So who's our first volunteer? :)

Scootertheshooter,
93notch has posted a topic, wts/wtt Caspian Customs open 38 super set up

Posted in Classifieds
I am going to put my 38 super/ super comp open set up. Up for sale. It has 3 popple holes in the barrel along with a nice 3 port comp. All of the gun is fresh black nitrade coated less than 1k rounds ago. It has a goguns thumb rest. The red dot is a Sig Romero dot in a Brazos rts2 mount. It will come with 3 140mm mags with extended base pads. And a 170mm mag as well.

It has a trik trigger. Egw magwell, Brazos slide racker. 1800 obo or trade for a limited gun.

built by Mike Johnson of Shooting Specialties

casp.thumb.jpg.0174dbfda8924c7b0ab325a7d36119e8.jpgcasp.jpg.cde2c25db7743d3947cfaf9db33e0ff8.jpg

Go to this Topic
This came in twice at 732 this morning . New post

On 9/19/2017 at 5:41 AM, RevolverJockey said:

Same for me. Exactly the same about 1 minute apart. I tried unfollowing the forum thinking I maybe was following it twice somehow. Gave it a few days with no emails then followed it again. Right back to double emails - only on new topics. 

Lee

IMG_2802.PNG

For your post, IP wants to know:

"Please could you provide me with a link to that post he is getting notifications for? He seems to indicate this is only on new topics also. Could you confirm if this is the same in all cases, and its always in this area?"

On 9/18/2017 at 5:26 AM, R1_Demon said:

IP is asking me about the above. 

I asked about it earlier, but no one replied.

I need a "for certain" reply, or replies on this, before we can proceed.