Every notification twice

RevolverJockey

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

IP asked:

Could you please clarify what double notifications they are receiving? (e.g. email or inline notification?) Additionally, I noticed you're using Tapatalk, it is a very troublesome third party application. Are users who use Tapatalk the ones who encounter this duplication?

22 minutes ago, benos said:

IP asked:

Could you please clarify what double notifications they are receiving? (e.g. email or inline notification?) Additionally, I noticed you're using Tapatalk, it is a very troublesome third party application. Are users who use Tapatalk the ones who encounter this duplication?

I am seeing it in the Gmail web interface and on my phone and iPad in the Gmail app. I don't see any duplicates in Tapatalk at all.

TKH

From IP: It sounds like they are indeed utilizing the Tapatalk application, however, which is the root of the problem. We have seen in the past that Tapatalk has indeed caused a duplication of email notifications going out. (Even though the problem is not happening in Tapatalk.)
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of both emails which are seen as duplicates? We can then confirm this is what happened in the past or a new issue with Tapatalk.

Let me know if you can provide the requested screenshot, tkheard. 

I did try tapatalk a long time ago, didn’t like it and removed it from my phone. I suppose I still have an account with them...

Both emails come from the same address,

noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com.

Edited by Norther
to remove pics. Forwarding emails as tkheard suggests below is better.  

From IP: It sounds like they are indeed utilizing the Tapatalk application, however, which is the root of the problem. We have seen in the past that Tapatalk has indeed caused a duplication of email notifications going out. (Even though the problem is not happening in Tapatalk.)
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of both emails which are seen as duplicates? We can then confirm this is what happened in the past or a new issue with Tapatalk.

Let me know if you can provide the requested screenshot, tkheard. 

Brian,
I’m seeing these in the Gmail app and Gmail webmail, not Tapatalk. Shoot me an email address via PM, and I’ll forward the emails. They will have all the information that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this from IP on it. 

Could you please ask this user to provide the header of those emails? You can obtain the header information by following these instructions: https://mxtoolbox.com/Public/Content/EmailHeaders/

NOTE: the user will need to obtain this information from their email client or server as it includes important information from the original emails.

=======================

If anyone can provide that info, email it to me at forum@brianenos.com 

• 2 weeks later...