Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser Training

Clay1

I've seen a bunch of these on ebay for $20-30. In fact, it's hard not to see them on ebay. I normally have to add "-laser" to any search for gun parts. Most of them are NCStar laser units on some kind of mount. The laser unit itself is adjustable for windage and elevation. Probably not a bad deal for $20, but $80 seems unreasonable.

The particular laser that I mentioned has a quick detachable mount. It mounts like a Surefire X200 or a Streamlight M3X etc. Simple on and off and I would be willing to pay more for that. Laserlyte says that they are the largest US purchaser of laser diodes so their prices are better than many. You can get the one that isn't easy on and off for much less.

Clay,

My skills are wanting at best, but my gut instinct says that you're better off learning to read your sights. It's a skill you will HAVE to have sooner or later. Might as well make it sooner.

Bluntly I think that I will be able to shoot faster without the laser. Try and find a little red dot that is bouncing around isn't what I think will be tacticle or practical. I want one to see how my gun moves during the trigger pulling cycle. I have no dreams of mall ninja syndrome.

I would like to run a low light course with one just for fun and see if my perception is correct though. It's just a toy to play with. Besides I need something to buy that is gun related and I can't think of anything else to get. :wacko:

Spend $5 on a el-cheapo laser pointer. You can even get some that will fit down the barrel. Tape it to your slide and practice like that. It's worth $5, it's not worth $50.

I got the idea from Matt Burkett's latest DVD #7 where he and Kevin are using the laser indoors to work on movement and a few other drills. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Rick

Spend $5 on a el-cheapo laser pointer.  You can even get some that will fit down the barrel.  Tape it to your slide and practice like that.  It's worth $5, it's not worth $50.

That's what I did until the tape got weak and the thing went flying down the hallway.