Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa/ipsc Limited Gun

PaulW

Dan just finished this gun for Clint. He'll be using it for some IDPA matches so it's a bushing barrel. Also the mag well was thinned to make IDPA legal. Nice Enhanced Service Pistol!!

post-1541-1120141426_thumb.jpg

pretty sweet.

If'n I liquidate some stuff I just might be in the market. That's a lot like what I shoot now in Standard / Limited.

I'm pretty happy with my open blaster, and having something that I can extend the olive branch to our little brothers in IDPA is always nice.

Curious what kinda mag well that is and why it has to be shaved, I guess IDPA guns have to fit in a box?

Second is there any kind of a weight restriction for IDPA guns?

Looks nice, I want one :)

Yeah he's like a kid waiting for Santa to come.We're going to the range tommorow to put a few rounds down range and will give it a good wringing out.He will probably be at UPS in the morning before they open.The gun looks great in the pics.

RTR,

The magwell can't be over 1 5/8 in wide.As for the weight limits I couldn't tell you the exact number as I shoot a Glock (you could tie a brick to it and probably still make weight)LOL

If I was looking to get a 1911 for competition Dan Bedell would be getting my money.Ken

Thanks for posting the pics Paul. It looks like Dan outdid himself on this one!! I spoke with Dan a few months back about doing an IDPA legal widebody and was thinking that he may not be interested in building something of this nature........he basically said whatever you want I can do it!! So here is the finished product and man it has surpassed all my expectations!! Thanks again Dan for working with me and putting together something top notch. Can't wait to get it to the range tomorrow!!! I'll let you guys know how it goes. Clint

i'm not up on any IDPA stuff so i just built it to fit what Clint wanted it for. i'll tell you one thing, Clint plays a mean guitar, i heard it on the Juggernaut CD he sent me.

Thanks for the props Dan!! I miss playing sometimes but shooting sure has filled that void!! Clint

now you tell me craig, after i spent a whole 20 minutes on the mill resizing that one. next time i do any idpa gun work i'll check with you first since you're up on it. :wacko::o:blink::P:rolleyes:

by the way craig, did you make GM yet with that shorty.

believe it or not, those are swensons. if you have never seen swensons in their unfinished state they don't look anything like they do after i work them over. swensons are in a very rough cast form when you get them. after grinding and filing and polishing and grinding and filing and polishing and grinding and filing and polishing, then they actually start to look like something. and when i'm done with them, i look like this :wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

\../ NEW GUN IS AWESOME \../ \../ NEW GUN IS AWESOME \../

Just got back from the range and as I expected the new blaster shot flawlessly. I shot some minor loads with the heavy and light recoil master and with minor and a light spring this thing shoots soooooo light it"s unreal!! The major loads shot great as well. I didn't get to shoot as much as I would have liked because I would shoot 25 rounds and let the gun cool while Ken and I worked on some stages for tomorrows match. I did get to show the plate rack who's boss though!! After doing this a few times it got really dark and started raining like hell!! I will stick around after the match and finish breaking it in tomorrow. All in all the gun shoots great, feels great and looks great......what more can you ask for? Thanks again to Dan and Chuck for working with me on building exactly what I asked for. I'll give you guys a little more detailed info tomorrow. Clint