Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic for SBR CZ Scorpion for USPSA

Looking at the Leopoldo DeltaPoint Pro or Aimpoint T2.  I liked the field of view with the DPP and seems may be faster for target acquisition that the T2.  I shoot with both eyes open.  Don't know if the DPP will co witness and its durability compared to T2.  Several mount options for both.

What are thoughts and recommendations?

i like to buy once cry once.

They're very different sights. The DPP is a micro sight, most comparable to the Trijicon RMR.  The T2 is a full size red dot.  Very different categories. I would lean Aimpoint for the sole reason that Leupold warranties their electronics for only 2 years. But the DPP is a great sight in general - plenty of people using it for Carry Optics which is obviously brutal on the optic compared to PCC.

FWIW, the T series Aimpoints are completely unnecessary for a gaming optic. The additional features they offer over the H series are NVG compatibility and extra depth water resistance. Since USPSA stages do not (yet) include low light maritime assaults via SCUBA, you can save some cash and go with the H series.  Disclosure: I have a mint H1 condition on a Larue QD mount for sale.

I started with a Insight MRDS on my Scorpion SBR for PCC. For me the reflex sight didn't work out. I thought the changing light conditions messed with my perception and ability to catch the dot exactly where and how I wanted. I shot a T1 for a little bit, which was great, but have since moved to a MRO. I really like the MRO, but liked both MUCH more than the reflex style sight. I also agree with ClangClang, there is no need to spend the extra coin on the T1. I would even day depending on how often you will run it, some of the budget options are really fantastic (Primary Arms, Vortex, etc)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I have a slide ride on my MPX pcc for USPSA. Field of view makes hard to beat. Also went holosun on my scorpion with folding arm brace that is a suppressor host/range toy. You can still see the irons but in the bottom 1/8" of glass.

For competitive shooting the field of view and 8 MOA dot feels the fastest. For defensive gun I'd want a sight that is always on. Not sure how the holosun 403c will hold up long term but so far I have been impressed.

Here's a few pics you didn't ask for but thought I share...

20170926_130458_resized.jpg

Edited by Chillywig