Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area-1 Championship

A bra-wearing, dog-friendly bar sounds cool, but do they have good hot wings and tequila?...cause I'm gonna need a few shots if I'm gonna be look'n at'dem'bitches....:)

Apparently the match hotel has a "pub" of sorts. perhaps they have a good hoppy ale. If not....Portland's not too far. I wonder if a McMennimens (sp?) is close. They had a surprisingly great IPA - last I tasted.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any word on squadding or a match book yet? A few of us are "car pooling" from Seattle and it would be nice to know if our schedules are all the same or different (which determines how many cars we need to drive down).

One step at a time, I guess. The website now has a squad schedule up, but since I don't have any idea which squad number I'm on it is pretty useless. I would imagine they are all way too busy getting the match ready. But, I'm trying to plan visits to my relatives in between shooting, which is tough when you don't know when you are shooting. I'll quit whining now-I'd rather have the overworked volunteers setting up a good match than waste time on the computer.

Squadding will hopefully be up tonight. Bruce is doing the squadding. I don't think that anything he has ever done has been a cluster, let alone a giant one. The stages are up, the RO's are having a meeting right about now, and then are going to hang the banners from all our sponsors. After that they'll shoot the stages to give them the final shakedown. Everything is running right on schedule. Relax.

Yeah, I am cranky. Sorry. Worked nearly 30 hours in the past two days so I could take a couple days off for the match. And the severe t-storm and tornado watch yesterday morning didn't help.

I need to win lotto so I can retire.

Squadding me with the Swedish Bikini team or Coppertone Tanning Team will undoubtedly make me happier. ;)

Anybody have URL of where I need to keep an eye out for squadding info....even though I probably am going to miss the match. If I'm squadding with the babes from Sweden, I may just quit my job while I'm ahead...

well the gang is mostly all here and ready to get with the shooting in the morning. Chuck is apparently a GM prize coordinator having gathered around 100k in loot! Haven't seen the range yet as the gate was locked by the time I got there. More tomorrow.

Manny's shooting-thru and turning out a great performance in Limited. Dave thinks he's got a way to make a comeback...can he do it?

TT decided to shoot Open and is doing well.

Let's see...what else...

Oh.. stage 10 was tossed (that was a good stage for me too!) :angry:

2 stages left to shoot tomorrow. The weather's nice.

…stage 10 was tossed…

Why? Seems awfully straightforward (albeit from non-participatory distance)…

The word on this stage was "inconsistent range officiating" more or less.

Seems some folks were shooting the COF, THEN moving the dummy to the box. Which obviously skews the time, because their last shot was fired. The RO's were not assessing the procedural for failure to place the dummy in the box before the last shot on a few squads.

Although my other comments should be reserved for the "What I hate" forum, if you are going to shoot through a match, stick around for a shooter or two and TAPE/SET/PAINT! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by bberkley

Although my other comments should be reserved for the "What I hate" forum, if you are going to shoot through a match, stick around for a shooter or two and TAPE/SET/PAINT! :angry::angry::angry:

Guess I'm glad I didn't come down late and try to shoot through as well... :(

Guess I'm glad I didn't come down late and try to shoot through as well... :(

Eric,

I don't have problems with people having to shoot through. I've had to do it myself on occasion. I do have problems with the slew of folks slotting themselves in that interrupts our schedule, interferes with our on-deck and in-the-hole folks trying to get their game on, and further delaying our progress through the match. When you wait an hour or more to start for two consecutive stages because of shoot-throughs or other bottlenecks, it really sucks.

Its too bad you didn't come (I guess you are here, I just looked at L10 interims). Its been a great match.

Edited by bberkley