Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Area-1 Championship

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that I may be having some selective vision, since I can't seem to find where to send my money. I've been to the area 1 site and downloaded my match application, and the Tri-County site, but no luck. Can we get the contact info up here to make it easier for at least me. Thanks.

It seems that I may be having some selective vision, since I can't seem to find where to send my money. I've been to the area 1 site and downloaded my match application, and the Tri-County site, but no luck. Can we get the contact info up here to make it easier for at least me. Thanks.

On your match application, look at the box (bottom right.)

Make checks payable to: Area 1 Championship

Send to:

Everett Mastrich

1267 Rosemont Rd.

West Linn, OR 97068

Thanks al503, it's not on my application. I tried to download it again and there is a problem with a graphic coversion filter, or something like that, I don't know computers all that well.

No sweat. See you there.

The 2006 Area 1 Championship Stages are done. 12 stages plus Chrono and the round count will be around 270 including chrono rounds. I don't know when we can get them up on the web site but we'll work on that. There will only be a couple of stages that are actually stand and shoots, the rest will have some movement (some a little, others a lot!). Highest round count stage will be 32, 6 stages will be in the 24-30 round range, 3 stages in the 16-20 round area, and a couple with only 9 rounds. Expect to see a couple of stages with the "classic" targets. We are also going to try to have a side match going on, involving some type of computer driven plate/target thingy.

More info to follow!

Tom Chambers

Range Master

Jake is young and probably doesn't need the potty stops the rest of us do. ;)

Heck, I did Nampa to Portland several times a year in 6.5 hours in the early 80's (so 55mph limits which I didn't exceed by that much).

The 2006 Area 1 Championship Stages are done. 12 stages plus Chrono and the round count will be around 270 including chrono rounds. I don't know when we can get them up on the web site but we'll work on that. There will only be a couple of stages that are actually stand and shoots, the rest will have some movement (some a little, others a lot!). Highest round count stage will be 32, 6 stages will be in the 24-30 round range, 3 stages in the 16-20 round area, and a couple with only 9 rounds. Expect to see a couple of stages with the "classic" targets. We are also going to try to have a side match going on, involving some type of computer driven plate/target thingy.

More info to follow!

Tom Chambers

Range Master

Sorry for the confusion. We will be running a side match but it will not be with the "computer driven plate/target thingy". Right now we've got a couple plans for a side match that will include at least one firearm and a prize from a major steel target company.

We've gotten a tremendous response from sponsors to this match. The list as of the end of January is now posted on the Area 1 site, www.uspsa1.org. Just click on the link for the Area 1 match and the link for our sponsors is at the top. Check back often though. We're adding sponsors every week. At this point it's safe to say that everyone will have the opportunity to walk the prize table.

For those folks that haven't heard how we're running the prizes for this match here ya go. We're paying cash back to our Division winners, $500.00 for Open and Limited for sure. The payback for the rest of the divisions will depend on how many folks we get there for them. Any division that gets 20 or more people will pay back $250.00 to the winner, under 20 will be $100.00.

On top of the cash payback Division winners will have the same opportunity as the rest of us to walk the table. The prize table will be toured in random order. When you get picked you can select your prize.

On top of this we'll have two side matches going on. The side match will be sponsored by Action Target and at least one firearm sponsor. We're planning to have one side match where you shoot sponsor supplied firearms, using ammunition supplied by Black Hills Ammunition on an Action Target 6-Plate rack. Fastest time wins the gun. We're also going set up an Action Target Dueling tree. On this one you get to shoot your own gun for an opportunity to win an Action Target steel target set up.

On top of all the rest of this everyone will get a shooters bag that has, in addition to a great supply of catalogs from some of our vendors, a bottle of Unique-Tek Premium Weapons Cleaner and a custom embroidered Magazine Storage pouch from I Shot.

This is going to be a great match. There is a very good chance that we're going to run out of space this year. Make sure to get your apps in soon.

We're working on several food vendors right now. We should have a good selection by match time. There are no ticks, snakes or any other form of goofy critter at the range, well there are deer that don't know enough to get off the berms but they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I heard Mike McCarter say something to the effect that the prize table had $60,000 on it !!!! looks like every one will take home something thanks to all the great sponsors and match staff doing a lot of work!

thank you!

c38

they are also hosting the multi-gun nationals!

Edited by caspian38

I'd say it's probably right about $50K confirmed right now with another 15K pretty darn likely. We had a really great response at the SHOT Show and as soon as I return to cold Oregon from sunny Florida I'll start pestering sponsors again. It's pretty safe to say that everyone will get something off the prize table.

This is going to be a great match. I've spoken to several GM's that are planning to attend and have been doing my best to drum up interest from anyone I can find. Even those guys shooting the goofy looking guns with the round thing in the middle.

For the folks that haven't been to a match put on by Everett, Tom and Mike they really are great matches. Talking to some of the folks that have shot a LOT of nationals, a lot say that the 02 and 03 matches that they put on were some of if not the best.

So for those of you that are hot dogs and think you got a chance at winning, there's cash and prizes to be had. Even the Division winners will walk the table with the rest of us. And if you've never shot a major match before, you've got just as much of a chance at walking away with nice Trijicon scope, Springfield Armory pistol, or any of the other prizes. Regardless of where you finish you will get at least one or several new toys to go home with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks nbright

I'm trying to see what all I need to bring with me, shoes,cleats or boots, I'm not willing to fly with alot of extra stuff, if I dont need to.

I do just fine in my tennis shoes. You can bring cleats if you want but definitely not necessary.