Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

[Solved] Bolo not engaging DA pull. Did I mess something up/missing something?

alvo89

I'm having problems with installing the BOLO.  I got some new parts to put in my stock 2:  xtreme trigger, 1pc sear, titan hammer and the BOLO.  I've got everything to fit and function except the BOLO.  I've tried using the stock interrupter with all the new parts and it would engage the trigger bar and make the DA pull (that's correct yes?).  However with the BOLO installed it glides right over the trigger bar making a "dead" pull.  I've got the SA pull to function which feels awesome without the creep in the trigger.

Now did I do something wrong or am I missing some crucial piece of info?  I've read on the PD website to remove material from the 2nd angle which would be that 90 degree angle, yes?  I took a couple swipes at it but after just looking at how it all fit when it was installed it seems there's no contact at all between the BOLO and trigger bar.

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by alvo89

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large frame, it's about a month old.  I did some polishing to the trigger bar before I got my new parts, but nothing substantial to remove material.  Let me get a picture.

Removing material from the wing is if DA does not break. As in, the hammer goes all the way back, and does not drop. Is that your problem, or is the hammer not moving at all? You should not have removed any material from the 90° wing, if your bolo isn't catching the trigger bar.

Did you contact Patriot before you decided to do this?

As haiedras also asked, have new is your S2? There has been a slight change in trigger bars with the new imports. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

Removing material from the wing is if DA does not break. As in, the hammer goes all the way back, and does not drop. Is that your problem, or is the hammer not moving at all? You should not have removed any material from the 90° wing, if your bolo isn't catching the trigger bar.

Did you contact Patriot before you decided to do this?

As haiedras also asked, have new is your S2? There has been a slight change in trigger bars with the new imports. 

That's what I was thinking from the PD website and why I stopped to actual see if it was contacting at all.

Hammer is not moving at all.

I wasn't able reach them due to the time difference.

If I can't rectify the situation due to the material removed, ah well.

My S2 is fairly new I take it.  I believe made in 2017, it has the "FT-IT 2017" marking different from pics of other S2's I've seen.

3 minutes ago, alvo89 said:

It looks like the one on the left.

Sorry scratch that comment.  It's like the one on the right.  My apologies.  Had to get a light on it and really look.

Right one.

Did you put a different plunger spring in?

Same stock plunger spring.

1 minute ago, alvo89 said:

Sorry scratch that comment.  It's like the one on the right.  My apologies.  Had to get a light on it and really look.

Right one.

Same stock plunger spring.

Okay, that's good news. We know what that is. Tanfo increased that area on the new trigger bars by .020" 

Send an email to Joe, and I'm sure he'll works something out with you.

You would have had to remove .020" off this area for it to sit in the trigger bar. 

20170801_150338.jpg

Okay, that's good news. We know what that is. Tanfo increased that area on the new trigger bars by .020" 

Send an email to Joe, and I'm sure he'll works something out with you.

You would have had to remove .020" off this area for it to sit in the trigger bar. 

20170801_150338.jpg

Well that's one less thing to stress about.  I'll email Joe.  Was hoping to be able to use the BOLO in my first match this coming weekend.  The mods I have ATM are nothing to complain about tho B).

Should I let them remove the material or is this something I can perform myself.

Also was this information mentioned anywhere that I missed in the search bar?

Just now, alvo89 said:

Well that's one less thing to stress about.  I'll email Joe.  Was hoping to be able to use the BOLO in my first match this coming weekend.  The mods I have ATM are nothing to complain about tho B).

Should I let them remove the material or is this something I can perform myself.

Also was this information mentioned anywhere that I missed in the search bar?

Nothing you missed. We litteraly just discovered it about two weeks ago. 

You can try the mod yourself if you have a dremel. It's only .020" That being said, I think when you filed the 90° wing, you may have tried to fix something that wasn't broken. If you didn't hit that wing too hard, try the mod as I highlighted in the picture. 

But def get with Joe - I'm sure he'll make good with you. 

Ah well, that's life.

I'll see if I can borrow a dremel from someone around.  Only have 220grit sandpaper here, that'd take too long.  The wing is only rounded now so should be good.

Thanks for all the help. :lol:

Little update for those curious.  Took some sand paper and went to that area.  Took about a movie's worth of time and .025" off that angle.  Everything functions perfect now.

"About a movie's worth" !

Yowza!  dedication for sure.

Glad you got it to work. 

But what the heck is Tanfo thinking?  or did they get a new supplier ?  sigh,  my 6 sigma process engineer side is "agitated" by all the undocumented changes. They really should just come from the factory with Titan/bolo/1 piece sear/PD firing pin and all PD Optimized springs.

4 hours ago, alvo89 said:

Little update for those curious.  Took some sand paper and went to that area.  Took about a movie's worth of time and .025" off that angle.  Everything functions perfect now.

Awesome, that's great to hear. 

Those wondering, the new style trigger bar bolo fit compared to a regular bolo will look like this - 

image1.jpeg

Edited by SoCalShooter69

10 hours ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

20170721_191828.thumb.jpg.672718935430962dbea56db8a3ab76bc.jpg

Is it possible the one on the right is an Xtreme trigger bar. Comparing the two images of the standard and Xtreme trigger bar images on the PD website.

Will the extra .020" of meat on the TB surface extend the DA pull? seems like it would.

14 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Is it possible the one on the right is an Xtreme trigger bar. Comparing the two images of the standard and Xtreme trigger bar images on the PD website.

Will the extra .020" of meat on the TB surface extend the DA pull? seems like it would.

No, it is not an extreme bar. It's purely a new design.