Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited guns.

HawkMoney

Thinking about shooting limited next year and I really like the tanfo platform. What do you guys do to your limited guns. Do people use stock 2's or 3's in 40 and start with the hammer cocked? Or are the single

action triggers that better on the limited guns. Thumb rests? Some pictures would

be cool.

Tanfoglio has a line of guns that are purpose built for Limited division.  They are generally $1100-$1200 new and are pretty much ready to run.  I've never shot one but I've been told the triggers are acceptable.  You'd just need enough extended mags.  I think Patriot Defense still has a .40 in stock.

The base model limited is a great choice. Pretty much able to run as is but, also very highly upgradable. I run a match Xtreme for steel challenge and 3 gun.
I personally like the long sight radius and the lightened slide but, they are much more expensive considering that you still have to pony up for grips, magwell, and better basepads. The limited custom Xtreme is a viable option as well.
Depends on your budget really, and what you plan on doing to your gun.683b446d8af0c46dfd1808c408300641.jpg69a17d8986d8bfdfdfbf62ba7c706713.jpg19c85953743b7d039312d2d1960a9cd7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

Get a base model limited.

Install a titan hammer, PD bolo, PD springs. Remove the pretravel screw. Get the chamber reamed by PD also.

Do that.

Plus...

Then henning extended mag bases to get the most rounds.  40 cal to make major.

Great advise guys! And thanks for the pictures. Right now I shoot a stock 2 with all the pd goodness. Is all of that really needed on the s/a limited gun since you aren't battling the horrible stock double action of the stock 2? Kind of leaning towards a gold match or limited extreme if I can get away with just polishing everything.

As you can see I went with CZ TS .40s.  My triggers out of the box are 1.6 and 1.9lbs.  In my opinion they don't need anything.  When I was doing the research in previous threads it seemed the common consensus was that the order went Tanfo Lim Extreme>TSO>TS>Tanfo Limited.

As you can see I went with CZ TS .40s.  My triggers out of the box are 1.6 and 1.9lbs.  In my opinion they don't need anything.  When I was doing the research in previous threads it seemed the common consensus was that the order went Tanfo Lim Extreme>TSO>TS>Tanfo Limited.
Out of curiosity why did you go with .40 over 9mm ?

2 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

The reason people were going with the extreme initially is because they didn't know they could run a titan and bolo. That made the trigger straight up 1911-esk. It will even be better than the TS.

4 minutes ago, tattooo said:
6 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Shooting Limited in USPSA.  Don't want to be shooting minor in a major dominated division.

4 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

The reason people were going with the extreme initially is because they didn't know they could run a titan and bolo. That made the trigger straight up 1911-esk. It will even be better than the TS.

The base model Tanfo was on my radar but I didn't want to have to do the customizing just to get a good trigger.  The extreme wasn't a consideration due to cost.  I bought first one in May for 1k.  Added the second this week and thought about a base model Tanfo but then I'd be in for mags and extensions.  Far cheaper to go another 1k on a TS.  

One of them will be getting a grip reduction, slide cuts and the frame drilled/tapped.  I've located a 6" barrel that I will fit and thread.  

I shoot the 9mm in steel matches and 3 gun. I have a TS in .40 in case I want to shoot USPSA, until I finish my open build.
If you plan on shooting mostly USPSA you should get one in .40.

I have a BOLO and Titan but, they are not in my Match Xtreme. I am very happy with PD springs and the Delta hammer and sear as is. Honestly with the trigger as light as I have it I prefer the extra bit of pre-travel that I can put in my trigger this way. Plus, my TS trigger feels the same as my Match Xtreme this way. I did polish the plunger assembly and all holes as I did for my S3 even still.

If you do go the CZ route get a T.S. Orange if possible. It is a pretty sweet set up out of the box.
ad5c6bc25860f7b040175b050db3ef2a.jpg1db3a22da10826dde22ca8855a5d4841.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

The base model Tanfo was on my radar but I didn't want to have to do the customizing just to get a good trigger.  The extreme wasn't a consideration due to cost.  I bought first one in May for 1k.  Added the second this week and thought about a base model Tanfo but then I'd be in for mags and extensions.  Far cheaper to go another 1k on a TS.  

One of them will be getting a grip reduction, slide cuts and the frame drilled/tapped.  I've located a 6" barrel that I will fit and thread.  

Fair enough. Throw up some pictures once you get the grip reduction done!

I was also interested it the ts orange but after reading the cz thread for a while it seems like people were having problems with them. Especially with the mags not always dropping free. That's one thing that tanfoglio designed better than cz, the whole mag catch assembly and getting rid of the mag break.

14 hours ago, tattooo said:

As has already been covered, that's the only choice which makes sense in USPSA Limited. A 9mm gun is only competitive in 3-gun where there is no distinction made between major & minor power factor.

Only choice that makes sense in Limited is a .40 for capacity, and major scoring, if you want to be competitive. If you are out to just have fun in USPSA Limited, and occasionally shoot Steel and 3-Gun ,etc, a 9mm can be nice crossover gun. 

But yes, it can be frustrating shooting Minor in Lim or Open  or SS if you also look at and care about the score sheets. :P