Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 1100 practical

Guest bulm5

bulm5

The 1100 Competition Master has a 22" Light contour vent rib barrel.

High Vis fiber optic front sight.

8 round tube

Gray synthetic stocks

R-3 recoil pad

Extended carrier release

Large bolt handle

also comes with nylon side saddle from 3 gun gear.

Should be available in Feb after the Shot Show.

Hope this helps,   ADIOS KyleL

Colt1991,

Remington is building the entire shotgun. Some internals have been redesigned, they are making the mag extension tube also which doesn't have a seam on the inside like others. The recoil pad is made by Simms Lab. They are the guys who make Limbsaver stuff for archery hunters. The front sight is aftermarket HIVIZ with extra tubes. And the Bolt handle is from Choate. This shotgun will cost less than the Winchester or Benelli and should be a pretty hot item in the next year.

KyleL

Kelly,

No rear sight, it seems that there were so many options that Remington decided to not go down that road. I would like to see a small flip up rear for slugs but so far I haven't heard of one that can take a beating.. Let me know if you have any ideas.  Hope all is well out there in the Desert..

KyleL

Unfortunately its still a Remington, and its gonna break.

If your in tight with Rem. ask them why they have never sponsored a 3 gun match? We tried 6 or 7 times for them on the SMM3gun for prizes and still a no-go.

I'm sticking with my 4 Benelli's

Kyle:

The flip up sight I originally put on my Benelli is the Williams sight for the 10-22. You have seen this set up on Blane's, Jimmie's, and Todds Benellies ( they are johnie come latelies on this deal as mine was on a year befor I built them their tubs and special ordered the 1" extended choke tubes). This sight has held up with compleat reliability, the only post manufacture prep needed is to red lock tite the pin in place. Blane's and mine have at least 4 cases of assorted shot and slugs through them and in the sight department 100%. By the way I only use full on slugs ( more accurate in my bbl.) and have at least 200 of them through this set up. We dove tailed the sight into the rib on the Benelli. I haven't seen the Remington but if there is a place to dove tail a sight on, this one would be perfect. By the way this wasn't my idea I got it from something John Shaw wrote back in the late 70,s early 80,s.   KURT

kinda on the same subject... has anyone ever tried welding up the bolt carrier link (tuning fork) to keep it from flexing and breaking?  or maybe hand building a tubular link with a slot for the hammer , ala Beretta?... sounds like an after market gold mine... regards

tim3gun,

In the past Remington has been untouchable for sponsorship of 3 gun matches. Last year they were a major sponsor at the NC tactical 3 gun match. A couple of new folks have started working at higher levels in the Remington offices. You can thank them for the Practical Shotgun, as well as pushing for sponsorship of Tactical three gun competitions.

Is HK a large SMM 3 gun Sponsor?

NC 3 gun didn't have any luck with them but had great luck with  Springfield, Glock, Beretta, JP, DSA, Remington.

Sorry your not a Remington fan, I am kind of a girly man so I can't take the beating a Benelli dishes out.

I drive chevy's too. LOL

God Bless America

KyleL

I only have a chevy because I got a deal on a classic pick up. But me and the wife drive Ford trucks daily.

I'm glad to hear that Remington is getting into the 3 gun market/compitition with sponsorship. I still own plenty of thier products (3- 700's in 308, 2-870's 12ga, and a 1100 in 20ga for my daughter).

I started into 3 gunning with a Rem 1100 12ga but broke it 4x in matches, thats when I switched to Benelli's

The other gun manufacturers are usually great on prizes/sponsorship at most matches and I'm glad to see Remington joining.  Hope to meet you on the range.

(Edited by tim3gun at 12:22 am on Dec. 3, 2002)

Yeah, I bought a Winchester over the Remington because Winchester was present at big matches and they came out w/ an IPSC/USPSA specific gun before Remington did. TO some extent, I'll buy whatever works, but the manfacturers have to understand that if they do not support our sport, we WILL buy from their competition. Thanks, Remington, and welcome on board; you are going to enjoy this ride!!

Hey what gives, they copied my design.

tim3gun,  Don't know what you mean about Remingtons breaking.  I've been using this configuration since '97 without a hitch.  Seen Benelli's and Winchesters break at 3 gun matches but not mine, knock on wood.  

I watched a 240+lb/6'2" cop walk into Federal Way Guns returning a Benelli M1 complaining it "...kicked like a mule..."  I shot it but liked the feel of the Rem 1100.

I have been shooting 3gun for about 12 yrs and had a Rem 1100 break matches 4 times, twice in big matches  ( 1 hammer, 1 carrier dog, 2 extractors) . Also you notice a pause in the bolt in its rearward position when firing.

I gave up on them about 5 years ago. Its still a good shotgun, just not for me. I have never seen a Benelli break, I have seen them have malfuntions. With time and usage part wear and sometimes fail on all guns.