Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Batman Begins

The wife and I saw Batman Begins last night. I like it best out of all of the "modern" batman films. Dark film. Great cast (Gary Oldman, Liam Neison, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Katie Holmes :wub: , Christian Bale, Rutger Hauer). Long flick at 2:15, but no gaps in the action.

ps - some of the actor names might be spelled incorrectly as I didn't take the time to look them up, sorry

I really dug "the story" of how Bruce came to be Batman, or at least how it was told in the movie. I never read the comics so this was my first intro to it. The only Batman I was exposed to as a youngster was the POW! BIFF! WHAM!!! cornball, b.s. that was on TV. This is not that kinda movie.

• 4 months later...

Just got to see this one last night on DVD.

I definetly agree this is the best one of the series. Wasn't sure of the actor that was B. Wayne this time. But he won me over quick. The cast of actors is impressive and fits the story better than I could have imagined. Micheal Caine as Alfred, I'll never think of another. Liam Nielson's character was kinda hokey, but I believe he is a new Sean Connery. He just makes his character better... Morgan Freeman is one of my favorate actors of this time. For him to do a small part is too cool. Morgan Freeman and Micheal Caine could play retired Female Chinese ballarinas and it would be believable!!!

Anyway, good flick. I'll be looking to buy it when I find it at a good price...

I saw this movie in the theater and loved it. Liam Nieson's character is over the top but he is based upon a villian that is deeply rooted in pulp fiction archetypes. Those kinds of characters tend to be WAY over the top. I haven't gotten the DVD yet but it is on the "must own" list for sure.

-ld

Decent movie but Katie Holmes was so miscast (save her for liberal, bleeding heart persona), I had a hard time accepting any scene where she was present.

But as for the rest of the movie...classic Dark Knight!