Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34

Chuck D

I'm thinking of buying a 34 and using it in Service/Duty pistol catagory in PPC matches.

Those that own one (or know of someone who does) , what degree of accuracy can be expected out of a 34 with a factory barrel?

Do they like heavy or light bullets...moderate or hi-velocities... :huh:

The 34 seems to be a good choice for a reasonably priced gun with a 3.5 lb trigger pull. Swap out the factory sights for a better set and I SHOULD be off to the races.

I know it's unwise to expect less than an inch groups but I'm curious as to how yours performs.

Thanks in Advance. ;)

2 inches at 25 yards is within reason from a solid rest. One point or comment and that is that the 3.5 pound connector doesn't translate into a 3.5 trigger. Out of the box mine was closer to 5 than 3.5.

I just swapped out a recoil spring, striker spring and very light polishing and the trigger breaks at 2.75 pounds now.

There is great value in these pistols and they are simple enough to work on yourself. Good luck with your decision.

Rick

I've gotten slightly over an inch at 50 feet (the maximum distance possible at the indoor ranges on which I shoot) from a rest. I just know the gun will do one hole at the same distance, I'm just not grooved-in enough on the gun to do that, myself. Yet. It's a software, not a hardware problem. I've several times gotten four rounds into one hole, but so far I've always had that one pesky flier.

Out-of-the-box my G34's "3.5-pound" (hah!) trigger pulls went 5.75 pounds. Installing a Wolff spring kit, 5,000 rounds and immense amounts of dry fire later, it goes 3.25 pounds with absolutely no other work at all.

1" at 50 yards with a fitted BarSto, from the bench, the right ammo and with a light trigger and good sights

Thats excellent accuracy.. An accurized 1911 will do that as well at about 3 times the cost.... Who fitted the barrel for you or did you do it yourself? I've seen a acouple of do it yourselfers locally that had timing issues after installing their own barrel....

9X45:

What brand of sights do you use? That's the numbers I'm looking for. Rules say I can change the barrel so a Bar-Sto is in the plans. Thought HARD about sending the gun to Bar-Sto and having them fit the barrel.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,

I've got Bar-Sto's six inch top end for the G-21 ---- and it locks up like a bank vault. There's no slop whatsoever ---- and it's amazingly accurate. BaR-Sto would rate high on my list of smiths if accuracy was a major concern......

I'm using Bo-Mars, with the top half of the front sight thinned to .090.....