Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Sear For A Koenig Hammer .

Julien Boit

Hi all,

I'm planning to put Koenig hammers in my pistols. But I haven't decided yet which sear I will put inside. I heard EGW hard sear are the way to go.

Any opinions ? Pros, cons, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I use EGW sears on all the guns that come in needing a

trigger job.

Ive had some bad luck with others.

And George at EGW is a prince of a fellow , :lol: his help

over the years is the reason I try to use anything they make.

Jim Anglin

I was told that the Koenig hammer and EGW hard sear are an especially good combination. Supposedly in some guns you can get an under two pound trigger with the parts just as they come. That's not something I can confirm personally (my smith didn't tell me how much work he did on my trigger job, just how much it'd cost me :D ) but I've got a clean breaking 24 oz. trigger now, and am more than happy.

I still haven't gotten used to the weird *ping* the hammer makes when it drops while I dryfire... :P

Kevin C.

Edited by kevin c

Mickey Fowler was the guy, he put in a Koenig hammer and our sear and fiddeled with the sear spring, shot the Steel Challenge with it a couple days latter under 2# :D

Benny, Yes they are not sold as finished sears, I just looked at some on the shelf and a couple you could not see a mark on wile others you could see where an endmill went across. Call me next time and I can pick some out for you. And thansk for using some! I appreciate it.

When we looked at the wear numbers and toughness and hardness etc, we opted for a different material than S7. S7 is tough no doubt, but with the very small contact area the hammer hooks have on the sear we though out choice was better.

any machined from tool steel sear will be worlds ahead of MIM anything though.

Thank you all for the nice feed back!

and if you get a chance, we have a new shopping cart on the web site. We have never had this good a listing of parts and tools with pictures in our 14 year history.

If your a dealer like Benny, just put a note in the comment area and we will make sure if we have you on file you get dealer price.

geo

Can't go wrong with the EGW hard sear.

The primary is already well cut, I only polish it with white ceramic stone.

I cut the secondary angle with a medium india stone, and polish with two grades of ceramic.

I rate the EGW sear as superior to the C&S. Haven't seen an STI yet, though.

Scott

i like the EGW sear. i have had some that were a bit rough with tool marks but i go over them anyway so it's not a problem for me. with properly mated koenig hammer and EGW sear there is no problem getting that 1.5# or lighter trigger. i've tried almost every sear on the market and all our guns go out with an EGW sear in them now. for the do-it yourselfer, if you don't have the proper jigs to setup and hold the sear for stoning the angles correctly it will be very difficult to get that crisp clean breaking trigger job that you desire.