Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plunger Springs

Phila PD

Hello All!

First time poster and would like to ask a question, I read back about a dozen pages and did not see any information if someone offers Plunger Springs in different compression weights. I don't wish to cut stock springs but would like to see what options are out there.

Thanks

The plunger springs out of a first generation glock are lighter. How light I don't know. If you look at one the gauge of the wire is thinner and by doing giving it the old calibrated finger compression test it feels much lighter. Glock went to a heavier spring for safety reasons. The plunger would not hold back the striker in an impact. They also recut the striker though to help with the problem.... I've tried all of them in my glock... I still like the later model oem spring just trimmed up a little....

In my opinion you sholdn't mix a stock plunger with a lighter spring.

If you want to improve your Glock's trigger job you can replace the stock plunger with a titanium one and replace the stock striker with a titanium one.

I tested a G26 with these two replacement and the quality of the trigger job was greatly improved.

Massimo.

I buffed the stock plunger and the contact point on my trigger bar and noticed that it smoothed out a bit, I think I"LL try the reduced Wolf spring and fire a thousand rounds or so to see what difference it makes and if its reliable.

As a side note, how many coils did you gentlemen clip from stock springs and what was the result?

Thank's

The titanium plunger does nothing to the trigger pull except lighten your wallet. The light weight steel striker seems to last a lot longer than the titanium one.

The original Glock plunger spring had a .010" wire diameter. You can purchase a spring assortment from Brownells that was several 12" lengths of .010" wire diameter spring.

I buffed the stock plunger and the contact point on my trigger bar and noticed that it smoothed out a bit, I think I"LL try the reduced Wolf spring and fire a thousand rounds or so to see what difference it makes and if its reliable.

As a side note, how many coils did you gentlemen clip from stock springs and what was the result?

Thank's

You can clip 3 coils for sure, maybe 4. According to Charlie Vanek you can drop 1/2 lb off of your trigger pull by changing the plunger spring. You can also bevel and polish the plunger as long as you do not remove any height from it.

Ok a abit off topic but since titanium plungers were mentioned... maybe I won't get struck down too hard by the stick of the mods! If you did lighten your wallet with a titanium plunger does that need or can it even be polished like the OEM part?