Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem With Glocktalk Forum...

DrKyle1

I know that this is the best forum for all topics and I shouldn't even look anywhere but... I am having problems with the Glocktalk forum in being able to post. Is anyone else having problems? It states Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. Which is odd since I have never posted anything and I have sent multiple emails to the admin with no reply. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance to all.

I tried the re-registration thing and that is how I found out that my IP address was blocked. Why do admins do that? I don't get it. I only believe in the karma/universal principles when they go in my favor! LOL thanks all, glad to hear that I am not the only one - misery loves company you know.

I was never able to post on Glocktalk when I used AOL. I was able to register but not post as long as I was on AOL. I was able to post from my work computer account which used a different IP. Not a computer person, but it apparently has something to do with the way AOL uses proxy servers. I switched to another (cheaper) IP and have had no problem since.

• 2 years later...
ME, too. Same problem. I joined but cannot post. Been going on for over a year. Very frustrating!!! :angry:

Larry

well, no wonder! you'd probably make some kinda dumb post about what kinda glock Django carried...... :ph34r:

Oh no, Dave must have a computer again! Hey Bigdog, did you look at the date of the post? 2005!!! Dude, wake up to reality!!! ;) Besides, everybody knows Django carried a Browning HP. Sheesh!

Larry

The Glock forum seems to work as well as the guns and the people shooting them about as up to date. Now that I have alienated 3/4`s of the shooting community let me go away and chew on my liver about having my butt whipped by several guys with Glocks- again. How on earth can a gun that looks so agricultural shoot so well?(Rhetorical question)

I know that this is the best forum for all topics and I shouldn't even look anywhere but... I am having problems with the Glocktalk forum in being able to post. Is anyone else having problems? It states Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. Which is odd since I have never posted anything and I have sent multiple emails to the admin with no reply. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance to all.

Not so odd. They have software that can check your attitude before you actually post. You probably failed the attitude test and so they did a pre-emptiive strike against your IP address to prevent you from posting something subversive. I have it on good authority the policy was implemented right after they banned me to prevent similar problems....

"Do you have your mind right, Luke?"

"I got my mind right, boss, I got my mind right...."

"Suppose you was to backsass?"

"I won't boss, I got my mind right...."

Edited by bountyhunter

I tried the re-registration thing and that is how I found out that my IP address was blocked. Why do admins do that? I don't get it. I only believe in the karma/universal principles when they go in my favor! LOL thanks all, glad to hear that I am not the only one - misery loves company you know.

All kidding aside, they may have banned you if somebody reported that you wrote something unflattering about Glocks on another forum. I don't know how else you could have gotten banned without posting on their site.