Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Performance-based Promotion

JFlowers

Yesterday I recieved a letter from USPSA informing me that I had been moved from OPEN D to OPEN C "because of your outstanding performance a the recently-held South Carolina Sectional Championship".

Now my first response was COOL! My scores (low but decent C performance) from the SC Sectional had been entered as a classifier and it had pushed me closer to making C the hard way. Normally my match scores are better than my classifier scores so I had hoped it would be counted.

But I was wondering... is there a criteria that USPSA uses to push a shooter upwards based on a single match performance? I mean the percentage at the SC Sectional was less than 15 points above my classification nor was it a truly outstanding performance of anything (1 Mike, 1 No-Shoot, 2 time costing brain-farts).

Anyway, I just thought maybe someone could enlighten me.

Now to start pushing for the "B"s!

James

From Page 21 or the rule book

Your performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to

help establish classification. Placement in a major event with a score above your

assigned class percentage may result in your being promoted to a higher class,

even if your current average is lower. Winning first or second in class at an Area

Championship or Major Tournament AND shooting into the next higher class will

result in promotion (except to Grand Master); winning High Overall in an Area

Championship will promote you to Grand Master class

If there was 3 GM's that performed to their ability AND your match score percentage was the next class higher, you WILL get bumped :) I'm not sure where/if this is posted on USPSA, but it's personal knowledge at this point!

Congratulations! I personally think this is the only way USPSA should move people [Off da soapbox}

I too think moving folks upwards based on match performance is a good idea. Hmmmm...I wonder why that wouldn't work both ways?

Congratulations! I personally think this is the only way USPSA should move people

Problem is, folks who don't shoot major matches (I would dare say that's the majority of USPSA members is it not?) would stay in U class perpetually?

From Page 21 or the rule book

... winning High Overall in an Area

Championship will promote you to Grand Master class

If there are enough shooters that is. I won Production class at Area 1 last year and I am still not a GM (It didn't even move me from A to M)