Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cincinnati, KY

Shooter Grrl

Tee hee, I've decided that I live in Cincinnati, KY - NOT Cincinnati, Ohio :) Anyways - this place is pretty durned cool - I GOT A JOB TODAY! I start Monday. Grand total of 6 working days of sending out resumes. These guys hired me on the spot! I'm very excited. Oh yeah, and it's only 7 miles from our apartment!

I also found this gas station/convenience store around the corner called United Dairy Famers and just had the best damned strawberry shake of my entire life.

The only downside so far, which isn't really - Dave's new company sent him on travel yesterday for the rest of the week. Aw shucks, a brand new CLEAN place all to myself :lol:

UDF Chocolate Malt, extra malt

UDF Orange Freeze

<homer>uhhhhhhhh....droool...</homer>

I also miss Frisch's Big Boy, Skyline, White Castle, La Rosa's.... dammit, I'm jealous :)

I going to be in Cincinnati in August and was going to stop in Miamisburg to shoot the local match on my way back to Michigan.  Is this your stomping grounds?

Soligen, you too Kathy

I run a informal IPSC style league shoot on Tuesday evenings in Moraine 5 miles from Miamisburg. We usually have 3 stages, 60 rds, and 40 shooters. Its an indoor air conditioned range. www.sim-trainer.com

Not yet, but I think it will be! The only match I've been to is at Rayner's, and it ain't close to here at all!

Plenty close, and you know how to find us! :P

HEY - that's this weekend! Should I go there instead of Silver Creek?

How was your last match at Silver Creek? Great stages, great people, you won a plaque. Maybe you should come pick it up! (Unless Lee has shipped it already).

[HEY - that's this weekend! Should I go there instead of Silver Creek?

GRRL, not quite sure about the confusion, but Cincinnati IS in OHIO (home of the BUCKEYES :wub::wub::wub: ) and MRPC does shoot on the FOURTH Sunday of the month. ;)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Now, I suppose I could make some comments about 'those South of here' (how's that for politically correct?), that might think that Cincinnati, OHIO, is in Kentucky, :huh: but my 'mama' (oops, I meant to say, Mother) always told me to keep my mouth shut on stuff like that, and especially before heading to Area 4 (never did understand what that meant :blink: ). Something about some 'Lee Family' thing (or was that, 'thang').... :lol::lol::lol:

GRRL, not quite sure about the confusion, but Cincinnati IS in OHIO (home of the BUCKEYES :wub:  :wub:  :wub: ) and MRPC does shoot on the FOURTH Sunday of the month. ;)

I got it now - there's 2 clubs called Miami in the area. There's Miamisburg and then there's Miami Rifle and Pistol! Miamisburg shoots this Sunday, MRPC shoots the 4th Sunday!

I was planning on going to Circleville, but their June match was cancelled and Rayners was moved to June 5 - so I went to Rayners! I was also in PIttsburgh for the weekend visiting my parents so stopping at Rayners on the way home was no big deal :)

Nick - can you send me official directions to Circleville going that way?

I got it now - there's 2 clubs called Miami in the area. There's Miamisburg and then there's Miami Rifle and Pistol! Miamisburg shoots this Sunday, MRPC shoots the 4th Sunday!

The Central/Southern Ohio clubs shoot as follows:

Circleville (South of Columbus) - First Saturday

Oxford (NW of Cincy) - First Sunday

Miamisburg (near Dayton) - Second Sunday

Circleville - Steel Challenge - Third Saturday

Rayners (near nothing :lol::lol::lol: ) - Third Sunday

MRPC (Cincy East side) - Fourth Sunday

Fairfield (Cincy West side) - used to shoot USPSA on Third Sunday, but I am not sure that they are shooting it anymore. They DO shoot a well attended and run Steel match on Friday nights though.

On top of all this, a couple of hours in the other direction from you are all the KY and Southern IN clubs, so you should be able to get your share of shootin' in!! ;)

Edited by Flexmoney

I'll be at Miamisburg on Sunday.  Hope to see you all there.  (Especially since I will have the big green trailer and be looking for help loading their poppers into it for use at the Ohio match ;) ).

Dammit - my sense of needing to help out when I can is warring with my need to get my plaque!!!!

Nick - can you send me official directions to Circleville going that way?

From 275 take the SR32 exit east then go about 25 miles to 62 north, follow 62 north to washington CH then take 22 into C-ville

From your location might be best to go 71 north then cut across though

62 is only 4 miles east from me, so I go that route.