Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa State Championship Questions

rwmagnus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing around outside the clubhouse before the match waiting for my turn at the equipment check. A SO walked briskly up to me and yanked my vest aside then stuck his finger in my magwell. He walked away with no explantion or stated purpose given. Not one word.

I have shot more IDPA matches than anyone alive in Michigan and have never been known to carry my gun loaded (it's a certain DQ). I hosted the State Championship last year. I am the AC. So I guess that this was a case where a "nobody" wanted to show what a big shot they were and frisk the AC.

However, I found the fact that many SO's have apparently never read the rule book even more disturbing.

I was standing around outside the clubhouse before the match waiting for my turn at the equipment check. A SO walked briskly up to me and yanked my vest aside then stuck his finger in my magwell. He walked away with no explantion or stated purpose given. Not one word.

Dang, Bart, that's just rude. My training is that when somebody does that (reaches for my gun), I go into weapon retention mode, with a pivot and a palm strike. "Gosh, I just reacted the way I was trained..."

Sheesh!

Maybe it was some kind of weird fetish.

Ted

I Dang, Bart, that's just rude. My training is that when somebody does that (reaches for my gun), I go into weapon retention mode, with a pivot and a palm strike. "Gosh, I just reacted the way I was trained..."

Sheesh!

And that would be a Very controlled and moderate reaction....

A Steven Segal response would not be to far out of line.... :ph34r:

Maybe it was some kind of weird fetish.

Ted

Or he liked you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A state match, what seperates a State Level match from a Club Level Match.

Number of Participants?

The reciept of Awards

A prize Table

Much Higher Entry Fee

More Stages

Imediate Results? (welll same day atleast)

A T-Shirt... an added expense which i don't really see the need for. take $5 off the match fee maybe?

What i expect are solid stages that test shooting ability not your ability to do goofy little things like put the key in the hole under stress. run 25 or 30 yards. Work a gun safe. etc.