Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 hole in slide at front sight detent

Jetskidawg

So my front sight (Dawson) loosened over time on my Stock 2.  I removed it to clean up the sight slot and sight and found that there's a hole through the slide at the set screw detent.  I cleaned everything up and installed the sight (no fiber yet), and the very end of the tiny set screw protrudes ever so slightly through the slide.  Tough to tell how much quantitatively but enough that I can feel it.  Advice please!!

Happened on my stock 1. I took it out, put red lock-tite on the dovetail and screw, then tightened it down. I then took a dowel and some 220 Sandusky and sanded it smooth. 500 rounds of 10mm later, it's still tight, and no issues.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

There was a thread on this a while ago... Some dudes took a pellet or lead shot and squashed it, then stuffed it in there. I would try like an epoxy also, in place of, or along with the lead shot.

I used epoxy clay (no BB). Has been good for about 7k rounds so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I took a lead #6 shot BB and squished it in a vice until it was the same size and the big hole. Then I used Red Loctite and glued the lead disk and tightened the set screw into the lead disk. When I decided I was happy with the front sight height I Red Loctited everything in. It's been going strong every since.