Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock vs Stock II

scffacenter1

With all the rule changes this month to the carry optics rules, I have decided to give the provisional division a try. I currently shoot a Stock II and would like to stay with the same platform, mags, etc. I found upper slides from eaa, but 750 for an upper and one mag got me thinking. Will a stock slide fit on the stock II? And are there any other differences in them besides the long dust cover? Seems like the stock would make the 45 oz weight with ease if weight became an issue with the stock II. And most importantly, I can purchase a witness stock for around 700, making the full gun cheaper than the conversion. Am I missing something here? I tried searching, but my Google fu is weak this morning, everything is only comparing stock II vs 3

Yeah, I tried to pick up one on gb,  my account was froze because it was flagged as a duplicate, but no one bid on it, it started at 300 and was buy it now for 450. I was mad I missed it. The guy relisted it and it went over 600. Just my luck, but I'll keep my eyes out. Guess another question I should have asked earlier is, would a stock slide in a stock 2 frame be truly CO Legal? putting a g34 slide on a 17 frame isn't legal for production, would that also preclude it from CO?

3 minutes ago, scffacenter1 said:

putting a g34 slide on a 17 frame isn't legal for production, would that also preclude it from CO?

G34 uses the G17 frame.  

Edited by B_RAD

20 minutes ago, scffacenter1 said:

Yep, they are the exact same, still illegal. The frame is the gun, and you can't change caliber or barrel length. 

Ok. Not trying to side track your thread.  

Just saying.   

2 hours ago, scffacenter1 said:

Yep, they are the exact same, still illegal. The frame is the gun, and you can't change caliber or barrel length. 

Did i miss where he changed caliber? I assumed he was just wanting a 2nd 9mm top assembly to mount a dot on.

Why would getting a spare DUPLICATE 9mm slide be illegal?  I'm not up on all the rules.

We were talking about the similarities of using a g34 top on a g17 frame. The frames are identical, but it's still not allowed because it would be a change of barrel length. That's why I posted the question for carry optics because the caliber and barrel length would be the same, but the slide would be from a different model than the frame. A duplicate Stock II slide would be perfect, but the slide and barrel cost more than a whole new stock I Pistol. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, to follow up on this, is there any difference of the frame from the stock to the stock two? Also what is the difference in a stock and a limited pro besides the slide/barrel length? Just want to make sure all of the parts I have for my stock 2 will fit the stock. Thanks for everyone's help

3 minutes ago, scffacenter1 said:

Alright, to follow up on this, is there any difference of the frame from the stock to the stock two? Also what is the difference in a stock and a limited pro besides the slide/barrel length? Just want to make sure all of the parts I have for my stock 2 will fit the stock. Thanks for everyone's help

Stock v. S2, I might be wrong, but from looking at a pic of stock, I think the trigger guard, grip checking, dust cover and hammer pin are different, parts should fit just fine. 

Stock 2 has the bull barrel and full dust cover that Lim Pro don't. 

However, I think you may need to know this, a quote from another topic.

On 2/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, PatriotDefense said:

The Stock and Lim Pro will no longer be imported..... per my CIA back channel connection at EAA

10 minutes ago, scffacenter1 said:

I saw that, and is part of the reason I wanted to go ahead and grab one up. Stock IIs are gonna really push that 45oz CO weight limit, the other two should have no trouble.

I think this has been discussed in another topic already, you can build a CO ready stock 2 under 45oz with no problem, or if you want, mill the slide makes it even better.

Thanks John, I've been debating all night. Part of me says wait until I can find a limited pro, use it for production to take advantage of the longer sight radius and use my stock 2 for CO. Part of me also just wants to try out a tanfo with a lighter front end.