Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do over chance with Tanfo?

homewrecker07

Just had my surgery and immobile for the next few months. My 2 pistol permits expire (NJ) before then so can't get anything new. I'll have to research and hold off till next year before getting something else but wanted to ask everyone what would you do if you can start all over again (keep it to Witness as some answer would be to go CZ)

Get a Limited Pro in .40?

Limited Elite?

Build it from ground up with steel witness/Stock 2/3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What division are we talking? Production?

If I were to do it over again, a Limited Pro in 9mm would probably be my gun of choice. The weight distribution/balance is a little better for me but really not significant.

ETA: I've got Stock 2's now.

Edited by SCTaylor

Hope you get well soon.

I have a S3 in .45 acp, it serves a couple roles in my life, I like the rail and I keep it bedside with a light, I use it for production division , and when I got it is didn't load 9mm yet.  I have all the mods, run a 14# spring.  I would not change a thing in a do over, it is a versatile gun that has been very enjoyable to work on. It has taught me a great deal about smithing. I do have a couple of CZ's (TS .40 and 97 converted to SAO) already so that was not a concern when I got the s3.  

I will be getting an elite limited at some point but I would still have gotten my S3 first.  

My needs are different than some here in the sense that this was never going to be my primary match gun.  I do shoot it in matches though, and it is as good as anything I see at local matches.

Lim Pro in 9mm.
Pretty much the best choice for one that would only have 1 gun for everything.
Yes, .40 would be a little more versatile, but also more expensive to feed.

For my next gun (not counting a Witness P for EDC) I'll be looking at a Limited Custom .40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I fall into the same loop with whatever hobby I get into. I like to experiment a lot and not worried about taking things apart and trying new things but the failures get old and costly. Car modding was a fine example.

I don't have any competition experience under my belt yet, I feel the Match is fine for the cost and what's available near me but I don't want to sink too much into this if I find it only does 1 thing and not being good at all for it. I understand there is no "unicorn" gun that will run the most divisions/classes and it'll all come down to what you prefer. Just wanted to get everyone's inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that a Lim Pro in .40 can run:
IDPA:
SSP
ESP

USPSA:
Production
Limited (including L10) Major or minor
Carry Optics
And Open.... and be good (if not great) in all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm, there might be one size fits most...

Except that you'll pay a lot less to feed a 9mm gun that's every bit as competitive in SSP ESP and Production / Carry Optics. Affordable practice is very helpful in improving in skill!

You really do need to figure out what divisions you'll want to shoot, and find a gun that's optimized for those particular ones.

As the old saying goes, Jack of all trades...

Edited by MemphisMechanic