Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended magazine well

Hello: I used the Taccom magwell for the first time this past weekend. I threw in a couple of reloads for fun to see how it worked. It worked very well. I then shot the classifier which was the last stage of the day. My hit factor was 10.8999 but they have not given it a percentage yet. That is my best PCC hit factor so far. After the match I had a couple of people ask about making one for a CZ. I told them to send Tim at Taccom an e-mail to see if he will be making one. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

A buddy as me to design him a Magwell that would fit a PSA lower with a mag block in it. Another person wanted one to fit an Anderson lower.  There are enough differences in size that I elected to try the new Fenner drives Cheetah filament.  This stuff prints like a dream!!  I added additional geometry inside to make up any difference between the two lowers, and I am happy with the outcome.  I still prefer machined magwells, but in this application of trying to fit a wide range of tolerances, this works.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 2/9/2017 at 6:06 AM, ChuckS said:

i just checked the USPS website and it looks like the magwell will get here today! Thanks, Tim! Saturday's match will have a classifier with 2 strings each with a reload. We will see how this helps!

Later,

Chuck

I shot a PCC classifier match yesterday. Four stages had reloads. Reloads were not an issue with this magwell. I am very pleased. I also told at least 3 other guys where to get one. ;)

Edited by ChuckS