Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rustoleum

EricW

Mike Gibson was absolutely right.

Rustoleum is absolutely, THE BEST paint there is. After spending the last week reworking a motorcyle trailer into a plate rack / ATV trailer, I have become quite the student of spray paint. All I have to say, is that compared to Rustoleum, everything else is worthless crap. I don't care about what the can says about it being "premium, super-grade," Rustoleum has at least double to triple the amount of pigment of any other paint. It's a huge timesaver when you're working on a big project. Rustoleum does in one coat what the others (this includes Krylon other high-zoot competitors) can't do in three.

Yup, it's $4 a can.......and absolutely worth it.

I have to buy paint cans by the case for our Steel Challenge & USPSA matches.

Of the cheap stuff, the $0.94/can from Walmart covers the best. None of the cheap stuff at HD or Lowes is worth a crap. (The dark red "primer" color covers vey nicely...but, we need to use white and black for most targets.)

I am all for Rustoleum when it really matters.

The stuff you mark lines on the ground with rocks for painting poppers. I used it for the first time this weekend and it takes about 2 seconds to repaint the popper.

Cheap paint sucks, thanks for the tip about Rustoleum, I'm looking for some good stuff to paint some art I'm making for the house.

Luv2Shoot reminded me of a funny thing I will share.

A club that will remain nameless bought alot of the landscapers paint to repaint thier poppers with at a match. After the match the MD was griping about "Next time dammit buy the type you spray holding the can up straight. Having to hold the can upside down to spray a popper is crap."

I asked him why he didn't just spray them while hey were lying down on the ground before resetting them?

Stunned Silence :lol:

Of the cheap stuff, the $0.94/can from Walmart covers the best.  None of the cheap stuff at HD or Lowes is worth a crap.  (The dark red "primer" color covers vey nicely...but, we need to use white and black for most targets.)

I am all for Rustoleum when it really matters.

We found the one-up-from-the-bottom-priced-paint at Wal-Mart (something like $1.50/can) was significantly better than the ultra-cheap paint for steel matches.

Guys,

You really need to buy a can Rustoleum and run it and the cheapie stuff side by side. Even at $1.50 a can, I'd still pay $4 for the RO based on what I've seen. There is *that* much of a difference in pigment content. If you're willing to patronize The Home Despot, you can buy RO for about $3.50/can.

Of the cheap stuff, the $0.94/can from Walmart covers the best. 

I started out using rollers for steel last Summer at the recommendation of Karl from GT. I quickly found out the $0.94/can from Walmart is worth the price in convenience. It does not have to cover well for a steel match, it just has to mask the last five shots well enough to recognize the next five.

For personal steel check out the spray on "Chalk Board" paint. Great quality and really quite sincerely FLAT color.

The stuff you mark lines on the ground with rocks for painting poppers. I used it for the first time this weekend and it takes about 2 seconds to repaint the popper.

We also use line marking paint and man, is it FAST! It also costs about $4 a can, is extra thick, covers COMPLETELY in one coat and because of the increased volume of paint leaving the can (over your standard rattle can) it doesn't take much time to paint a popper!

Ed