Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ShooterGrrl's CRO stage

I dislike the idea of the orange netting as "Soft Cover" I would put up some walls to make a real hallway, leave gaps or remove a few boards if you use fencing. That way the shooter has to move to see the targets and also it eliminates or greatly reduces turning too far to engage a target and breaking the 180. By using a solid wall with opeinings, you virtually insure that the shooter must move tot he end to see the two poppers. Withthe oranage netting a shooter mu=ight get lucky and hit the poopers early. Not sure if the swingers would be visible at teh rear of the stage.

Otherwise It looks pretty good.

Jim

Now the only thing I can even think of is that the narrowness of the hallway could be an issue for an RO trying to watch the gun but that's about it.

Thanks John! I thought about the RO trap, but I think by making the hallway so narrow, it's gonna take some real effort to get the gun past 180. The hallway is only 30-36" wide (depending on the door used). My reach, with gun, is right at 2.5 feet, so it's a really tight squeeze for anyone over 5 ft tall :)

The super narrow hallway doesnt bother me none :D

I dislike the idea of the orange netting as "Soft Cover"

Jim, how come? Seems like it would make good soft cover? Isn't it less like to get chewed up and fall apart (compared to other "soft cover")?

---------------

SG...since that orange snow fence comes in 4ft rolls...you could just run it at a height of 4ft on the hallway walls. Takes less material/setup...doesn't get shot up...everybody can shoot over it (even you short people)...

Throwing in some barrels can hide some of the targets so that they are less likely to suck shooters into a 180 (if that is an issue)...and they can hide most of your poppers from certain positions.

Oh...I might move all the side paper down range 3-5y...just so the shooter isn't all jammed up with the door.

Good stage.

Can I start just downrange of the activator pad? At the start, take one step back, shoot across from one steel to the other, the timing on the drop turner should be close. Then start backing up and shooting the rest of the paper. Open the door to trigger the swingers after all the shooting is done. It's not gonna be good for the RO, but that is not my problem.

Putting the orange mesh so close to the competitors while they are shooting and moving might be a problem. I've seen people break the 180 when they got the gun stuck in a port and did not stop moving. It would be real easy for somone to get the muzzle tangled in the fence, and not realize it until too late.

I dislike the idea of the orange netting as "Soft Cover"

Jim, how come? Seems like it would make good soft cover? Isn't it less like to get chewed up and fall apart (compared to other "soft cover")?

---------------

Throwing in some barrels can hide some of the targets so that they are less likely to suck shooters into a 180 (if that is an issue)...and they can hide most of your poppers from certain positions.

Barrels --- soft cover or hardcover? As hardcover, they tend to be minor scoring nightmares, as some squads will not be attentive about patching holes in barrels......

• 6 months later...