Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 gun Association match

We are going to have a Match at the Whittington center on August 23-25th 2003. This match is being put on by the same people that put on the LAST S.O.F. match there. This match will be 8 great stages, most all will NOT be in square ranges. This match will run under international 3 gun rules just like S.M.M.3gun. there will be Open, limited, and He man classes. we will have a web site soon and will post the rules and entry form. We need to know how much interest there is for this match.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tombstone:  Yes Kurt and his brother are some rifle shooters and I can predict there might be some loooong rifle shots a this match, if you shot the last match at Raton that they put on you will know what I mean.  But they are just as good with pistol and shotgun stages as well so you have to be skilled in all to think the way they think in setting up stages.

GL:  As soon as a web site is set up Kurt will more then likely let people know by this web site.  But I'm putting words into his mouth by saying this.

Colt

Hey Colt 1991:

No words in My mouth, as soon as the web site is up it will be posted here. We almost have the app done and as soon as it is I will start E-Mailing it out to those who want it. So far people from Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Wyoming, Texas, and New Mexico want one. It should be a GREAT match.                                          KURT

Erik Warren:

DON"T CONFUSE USE WITH THE GUNSMOKE  3 gun match that was advertized in S.O.F. ( the one with stytle points and theme music!!)

We are the guys that did the last true S.O.F. 3 gun match. You can check us out with Kelly Neal and find out that this was one of the BEST matches that most people had shot. Todd Salmon said it was the best mat he had ever been to. Jimmy Clark, and his brother in law Jerry ( can't spell his last name) Keep asking us When we will be putting on the next one. If we need medication for that, I guess you won't need further info on the match. Thanks for at least looking at the post.             KURT

Kurt,

Surely Erik was referring to the comment I made (KILL!! KILL!! KILL!!) in his refence to medicine taking.  Rest assured Erik, I am at my proper dosage level and Kurt and his brother will be putting on an excellent match.  I am in the same camp as Todd in my opinion that the last match was nothing short of awesome.  It was one of the best matches I have been to in my entire life, which is longer than I care to admit.  Although theme music and style points have their place, these guys are not going to indulge in such antics.  Expect a premium match...................and hopefully an invitation to it.

Guy Hawkins

GL:

As soon as we get a few more details sqaured away, I WILL be in touch with you and your brother for help with this deal. After talking to you in Vegas We have planed to get you both on board for the match. I will try to get you this week end.                           KURT

Patience...............The match is going to be unlike any match anyone has ever shot. Expect the following:

-high round count

-all comstock stages

-no standards

-lots of movement

-no "theme song required"

-no "style points awarded"

-no "random drawing for prizes"

We have support from multiple clubs. We have a great match staff.

And thanks for the support TF-(PP3G)

Website will be up and running soon. Hope to see you there

RM3G

These guys put on a premo match.  Their SOF match at Raton was one of the best events I've ever been to.  

I love the idea of a He Man class!

Kurt, I can't believe you can't spell "Miculek."  Didn't Superman have a super enemy with a similar name?  Hmmm.

7.4“HE-MAN” CLASS

7.4.1COMPETITOR WILL SHOOT A TACTICAL HANDGUN (RULE 5.2) IN .45 ACP CALIBER WITH NO MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN PISTOL MAGAZINES, TACTICAL SHOTGUN (RULE 5.6) IN 12 GAUGE AND A  TACTICAL CLASS RIFLE WITH IRON SIGHTS (RULE 5.4) IN .308 WIN OR .30-06 CALIBER.

See you there,

RM3G

MB,

I believe they intend to run a limited-iron, limited- scoped rifle, open and he-man class. Except for "he-man", identical to  SMM3G classes.

Differs from USPSA/IPSC in allowing limited shooters to run a  single optic, "tactical" scoped rifle.

VNG or Kurt plz correct me if I've misrepresented. Also, the website should be up soon to clarify the rules.

Craig:

You certainly haven't misrepresented!! Work is progressing very well and quite a few people have expressed interest in attending. The web site is almost done and VN GUNSLINGER is doing a great job on it. I think that the ap, and rules will be up on it with in the coming month ( November). Hope you can make it out for the fun!!! Talk to ya latter!!                    KURT

• 2 weeks later...

The confirmed dates of the Rocky Mountain 3-gun Match are Aug. 22-24 (fri-sat-sun) 2003. We will shoot 4-stages Friday, 4-stages Saturday and the team shoot and prize table Sunday. If all runs smoothly we should have all the shooters through the prize table by 12 to 1pm.

We have a great staff running the match. Kurt Miller, Eric Miller, Jimmy Holdsworth and myself.

The website address is http://www.trm3g.homestead.com

The rules and any questions you have can be answered here.

The one BIG rule change is we are allowing ANY scope in tactical rifle class as long as it's not over 4x, and yes variables are allowed as long as they are not put over 4x. We are also starting the HE-MAN class. (308 or larger, iron sighted rifle/12gauge shotgun/and .45 pistol).

Any questions that you can't find on the website feel free to email me at : west556@attbi.com

Blane West-match director

• 2 weeks later...

DK,

I agree that the match fee is expensive. But once you break down that the NRA Whittington Center is getting $30 per shooter, figure in props, targets, paying the RO's, paying people to come down a week early to help set up, rooms for the staff, food, water, shirts, long distance phone calls, and the big thing is insurance. Probably $20-$40 per shooter. Then you add in the prize table and cash money out.

We figure if we get a hundred people we'll be lucky to break even.

The people that put these matches on do it because they love it, because there is little, if any, money in it.

Thanks,

Blane-Match Director-RM3G