ColoradoShooter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

https://www.amazon.com/Lanolin-Grade-100-Pure-Moisturizing/dp/B00DV2RPZM/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1485735739&sr=1-1&keywords=liquid+lanolin+16+oz

This would last for a long, long time when mixed 10 to 1 with alcohol.  Might be a good idea to split with someone.

That's the one I use. Somebody will inherit it when I'm gone. :)

I had the same problem. Probably worse if you are wet tumbling.espesically if you dry in the oven in the winter. Turns them all sorts of crazy colors. U need a heavy duty degreaser to get it off. I use super clean. It's a degreaser in a purple jug you find at an auto parts store. Also when the tumbler is done get the brass out. If it sits overnight it separates and gets back on the brass. I have since stopped using lanolin. I use the Hornady case lube now.

After using it for a long while, lanolin coated the inside of my wet tumbler. Made it impossible to clean any brass. Lubed or not. Dirty brass would come out dull, black and coated in lanolin. Clean the pins in purple power and tumbled the tube empty with mineral spirits and dry media for a few days. It cleaned it up pretty well.

Ive cut down the lanolin ratio now. Once it warms up, we'll see if its back to normal.

56 minutes ago, DWFAN said:

After using it for a long while, lanolin coated the inside of my wet tumbler. Made it impossible to clean any brass. Lubed or not. Dirty brass would come out dull, black and coated in lanolin. Clean the pins in purple power and tumbled the tube empty with mineral spirits and dry media for a few days. It cleaned it up pretty well.

Ive cut down the lanolin ratio now. Once it warms up, we'll see if its back to normal.

How is lanolin getting in your wet tumbler?