Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another advice thread. Set up for Production

B_RAD

Ok. I know this is asking for opinions and there will be different ones but I I'm interested in hearing them. 

Shot it my second USPSA match yesterday and it was awesome! I was thinking of just using my IDPA set up and just adding extra mag pouches but don't really want to do that. 

I'm currently using a comp-tac holster. It has the drop/offset attachment but I'm currently using the paddle. I'll probably buy another holster, even if it's the same one, so I don't have to switch attachments.  

Im using Safariland 771 pouches. I like them but don't have experience with anything else so,.... 

I realize there be some trial and error most likely, just like with everything, but I'm looking for some opinions to get started. 

Currently thinking of going with a safariland belt with the attachments for that system. 

Or or maybe something from Stoegers shop. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, SV650Squid said:

I really like my BOSS holster, ghost pouches, and DAA belt, all from Stoeger's pro shop.

Here's the advantages of the BOSS / Ghost setup.

Unlike a DOH (drop & offset) from Blade tech or Comptac, the BOSS hanger is all steel, much more adjustable, and literally bolts to your belt instead of sliding over it. The metal drop bracket resting against your leg keeps it quite solid on the draw and while moving.

I like the Ghost pouches because they are rather cheap, tough, and they fit nearly every magazine under the sun without and changes - CZ, Tanfoglio, M&P, and Glock mags all glide right into mine. At most you'll change a leaf spring (pops out with flathead screwdriver and snap a new one in) when going to a much larger or thinner mag.

23 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Measure the offset in your holster and make sure you are per the rule.  Many (including me) have had to shim the holster to get the distance correct...I use a Bladetech DOH.

I like my CR Speed pouches, but like you, no experience with any others.

This app isn't the best!  

Anyways. Thanks for the info so far!

I'm gonna with the BOSS kit from BSPS. 

A couple more questions. 

Im gonna go with the bald-tech holster. 

Do do I want the standard mount or two-lok?

What about spacers?  1/2", 1/4" or 3/4"?

I know nothing about these. 

Thanks. 

Edited by B_RAD