Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 mag catch plunger

APL-G35

Patriot defense has them last time looked.

I've  seen small nails or similar used. Figure 4-5 thousandth smaller diameter than the hole. Tail about 40-50 thousandth and the head twice that. (From memory.)  Head length will set preload and possibly coil solid stack if too long. Head is rounded.

Seems like a lot of effort for a cheap part   but certainly simple enough to make.  especially if you need to shoot it quick.

Never can have enough of those little parts. I have like 6 AR buffer tube retainer things, springs, extra firing pins, extra takedown pins, detents, trigger and hammer pins, everything. I'm gathering everything for the Tanfo too.

Anyone who hasn't lost a little spring or plunger detent or something is either lying, or they have never had their gun all the way apart. ROFL

Edited by ryridesmotox

3 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Anyone who hasn't lost a little spring or plunger detent or something is either lying, or they have never had their gun all the way apart. ROFL

I got lucky. I found my mag catch plunger by sweeping the dining room and finding it in the debris pile. I take guns apart in there rather than the garage for exactly this reason - it can't hide beneath a floor jack in the dining room.

So I guess, technically, mine didn't get lost. It just took me fifteen minutes (and a broom) to pick it up.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I got lucky. I found my mag catch plunger by sweeping the dining room and finding it in the debris pile. I take guns apart in there rather than the garage for exactly this reason - it can't hide beneath a floor jack in the dining room.

So I guess, technically, mine didn't get lost. It just took me fifteen minutes (and a broom) to pick it up.

I'm the same way. I get lucky like every time. But every once in a while I send a spring to neverland to fly with peter pan and the lost boys