Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate big stick issues

Lior

Dear folks,

As the title of this post suggest, I have a new Czechmate and a couple of fun sticks for it. Try as I might, these magazines won't function as I would like. As I'm shooting 9mm minor, I put in a weaker recoil spring so that commercially available 115 grain training ammo would cycle the gun reliably. The gun works fine with factory TS mags. However with the 26 round mags, the first round will not chamber but gets stuck at an angle, whether the magazine is full or half full/empty.

Any tips to remedy this situation? Thanks for any attention.

It's really strange, I used Czechmate big sticks in my custom TS Open gun for over a year without a single issue, now I have the same issues as you using them in my Czechmate.  Last match I filled them, peeled off the first round and they ran fine, but you're saying yours nosedive mid mag?

There's a post somewhere in this forum that has pictures demonstrating the process, but essentially you need to compress the top of the mags along the ribs where it converts from double to single stacked.  As they come from the factory this area is too wide leading to nose dives when the mag's full.  I've done it to two of my big sticks and they both work 100% with cz custom guts, 28 rounds reloadable.

• 5 weeks later...

The big sticks came back from the local dealership's armorer. He told me to shoot the gun without a comp because with low power 115 grain factory ammo combined with the moment of the comp, cycling was a problem (gun has a 10 lb recoil spring). As we don't reload in this part of the world and 9X19 major is a unicorn load, this calls the viability of having a Czechmate in the first place into question.
The most common Open guns here are Bul M5 and Bul SAS guns (which are awesome). Everybody shoots minor PF unless it's a level 3 match. There's a sprinkling of SPSs and SVIs too, but I've only seen two other guys competing with Czechmates.

That said, with the iron sights installed at least the Czechmate co-witnesses with a horizontal C-more!

shoot 124gr S&B factory, it cycles on stock springs fine.

115 can be tricky. 

not sure on your politics and laws, but I do know you got some great open shooters, shooting major. and 9 major today is pretty darn easy with with european and us powders.