Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun bags for looooonnnng shotgun tubes

Neomet

Okay, so I have gone with the John Holmes Replica Edition 14 round mag tube option for my Open shottie.  Problem is I can't find a 3 gun bag long enough for it.  My Safariland will only hold a 12 round tube and cutting a hole in it to have the mag tube peek out of is not going to do it for me.  Any suggestions for a bag this will fit in?

Edited by Neomet
typo

I went with the Midway drag bag.  Holds +12 no issue with a little room to spare.  Overall think it is 56" long internally.  If you are around for WSSSC let me know, I can throw it in the car and let you test it.  It's not quite as good as the Safariland IMO, but the price is right and so is the size.

I have a 50 inch Midway and was going to get a 56 when I went from a 10 to a 12 (8+4) round tube M3K but decided instead to stick with the bag I had and just pull the tube and compressing the spring within the 8 shell section of the extension and using a spare nut to cap it off. It takes me 3 minutes to pull it off and put it back on. The Midway is a cheap back and has worked for me for several years. I personally wouldn't want to spend the money on another much replace a good Safariland bag.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2016 at 7:11 AM, TRUBL said:

This one fits my SBE with a 12 round tube and my son's M1 with a 12 round tube........with like .125" to spare

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939162977/midwayusa-heavy-duty-shotgun-case

Thank you for posting this. I have looked everywhere locally for a longer shotgun case and no one has them. Will be ordering one of these the next time I have a Midway order. If midway would lower there shipping rates I would order now.