Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MR bullet feeder and and heavy .223

cvincent

Having trouble with 75 grain boat tail bullets not tamping in the cases, tipping over when the shell plate indexes. Have the balls in the upper holes, and using Dillion's sizing die with the expander ball. The cases are not chamfered. Just trimmed and tumbled wet with stainless media. What are you guys using or doing with success? I thought about an M die, but I think the Dillion die expands to the same diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The M die doesn't bell, it expands. So with some bullet shaving will happen. The swage hold down die bells and expands to a perfect neck tension after the trim die. And you don't need a 1050 to use it. Just remember to use a taper crimp after seating. I load both 223 and 308 on my 650 with one...

jj

The M die doesn't bell, it expands. So with some bullet shaving will happen. The swage hold down die bells and expands to a perfect neck tension after the trim die. And you don't need a 1050 to use it. Just remember to use a taper crimp after seating. I load both 223 and 308 on my 650 with one...

jj

Ahh I gotcha, so I would need the swage backup die body. And the swage backup/expander for .223, correct?
I don't know anything about the 1050s.
I have already ordered the M die, so I will see if that works first...

jj

Ahh I gotcha, so I would need the swage backup die body. And the swage backup/expander for .223, correct?
I don't know anything about the 1050s.
I have already ordered the M die, so I will see if that works first...