Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Capacity .40cal Lageframe mags

KAYZER

Anybody here can tell me what you can fit in your Tanfog mags, large frame in .40 cal? 

With Eric Grauffel baseplate and arrandondo folower im stuck at 17, was hoping for 18 re-loadable! 

Also anyone experience with getting a witness hole drilled for the bottomround

I have a friend who did all of his own witness holes in his 2011 mags. Worked great.

His procedure was to load the desired number of rounds into the mag, then put masking tape over the top of the feed lips, and gently clamp it in a vise upside down.

Pull the basepad/spring/follower and you can stick a dowel rod down against the bottom round, mark it, and use it to transfer that measurement to the outside of the mag body on either the side or the back,. Then simply drill a hole a bit above that mark.

Pro tip: Remove your ammo before drilling holes in the mag body. ;-)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Also be sure to really smooth out, file, and sand the inside where the hole was drilled. Any bits of flashing from drilling the can cause things to hangup.

I added some 10 and 11 round witness holes for some magazines a few months and one of them ended up getting sticky around there.

Cool guys, I shoot IPSC so I am confined to the box. 

Maybe my springs need some wear. Ill load up some dummy rounds for a night.

Ill try to post up some pics of my mag tuning, might be usefull. I can borrow a press dril from my father in law. 

Cool guys, I shoot IPSC so I am confined to the box. 

Maybe my springs need some wear. Ill load up some dummy rounds for a night.

Ill try to post up some pics of my mag tuning, might be usefull. I can borrow a press dril from my father in law. 

Remember, only cycling the spring will actually wear it. Having it sit there compressed will not wear the spring.

When people SWEAR that it actually did something to help feeding, it is probably because the extended pressure on the feed lips caused the lips to move into a better position to feed their gun. But for sure it wasn't because the spring was worn, because it wasn't.