Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any of the "Classifier Calulators" do PCC yet?

dcloudy777

Anything that has an uprange start for pistol will be a bit easier for PCC. Anything with reloads will slow down most PCC shooters. I think MDs can make or break PCC Masters and GMs by choosing certain classifiers.

At first, I had heard Open HHFs were being used but at the match this weekend, someone said they made a "temporary PCC" HHF by taking Open scores and reducing them by 5-10%. Not sure if its true or not yet tho

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2016 at 1:19 PM, dcloudy777 said:

Thanks.  If other classifiers are like this one, I think we're gonna see a bunch of new PCC "Masters"  :lol:

We've already been joking about that. 

Hoping (evil grin) that the local C-shooters will be stuck in A class in Limited or Production after making M inadvertently in  9mm Battle Rifle division.

;) 

(And I think the ease with which B shooters are raking in M classifications in PCC means they need to rethink the classifier thing. The HHF for classifiers with distance and tight partials needs to be even higher than Open... but more in line with Production if it's several strings on close open targets with mag changes on the clock.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 10/17/2016 at 11:23 AM, dcloudy777 said:

I think I may have messed up at my first match and shot an "M" classifier... I'm a solid C shooter.  :ph34r:

99-14 Hoser Heaven.  Shot a 78. 

Since its fixed time, your points are your hit factor.  100% = All available points, 78 points is 86.67% of the available points.

Seems like PCC is the cure for sandbagging...in general.

But I'm not saying that YOU are sandbagging dcloudy777.

Well, after shooting 5 more classifiers on Saturday, I'm coming back down to Earth.  I'll probably end up with a high B or low A avergage, which is probably about where I "should" be.  

Mandatory reloads are the big equalizer between PCC and open. 

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like I'll upclass in PCC before I upclass in Prod or SSTK.  Only by one, though, which won't affect my other classifications.  Interesting point that PCC could have an effect on dragging people up in pistol classes.