Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What To Do In Scottsdale?

I'll be traveling to Scottsdale, AZ for a business trip this coming Thursday. I have a whole day to play around on Friday and was wondering if anyone had any shooting related activities they can recommend?

Any ranges around that rent full auto stuff?

Any stores with a good selection of IPSC gear?

Where's a good place to eat?

I'll be traveling to Scottsdale, AZ for a business trip this coming Thursday.  I have a whole day to play around on Friday and was wondering if anyone had any shooting related activities they can recommend? 

Any ranges around that rent full auto stuff?

Any stores with a good selection of IPSC gear?

Where's a good place to eat?

The Scottsdale Gun Club has a cool indoor range and you can rent just about anything, full auto included. Dillon Precision is in the same area as are MANY restaurants.

-ld

If you're there at night, you can rent shotguns at Ben Avery and shoot skeet. Beats the hell out of staying in the Hotel and watching cable.

There's every kind of gun shop you can imagine around Dillon. American Spirit Arms is closeby if you want to shop for AR stuff.

PF Chang's is close to Dillon and is supposed to have good asian cuisine.

There's a deli on the main drag towards Phoenix that has a Reuben sandwich that is to die for. It's in a strip mall and just by looking at it you would never guess how spectacular it is. I can see it in my head, but can't remember the name.

Hopefully someone will turn you onto a good brewpub. I found a couple OK ones when I was down there.

I know the Scottsdale Gun club has class 3 guns you can rent, but they ain't cheap. I didn't have time, but the SAW looked like it would have been well worth the money to play with. They gave me some 1/2 price vouchers that I could send to you in the mail, if you PM me I could send them to you in tomorrows mail.

Don't foret to take you camera!

With all these women Dillion is able to find to put on his catalogs it has to be the mecca for dirty old men !

Since I can't afford to get out there just now, post the pictures here and I will have to practice being a dirty old man vicariously through you LOL!

Go to the Rio Salado Website for a calendar of events, just in case you are there on a Saturday also. I believe South Mountain has a match on Thursday night. Ben Avery use to have a match on Thursday night also-Cactus Combat League, I think.

You might check Robbie's site to see if he is running Drill Masters--I suspect it may be 5/19 but I am not sure.

You could call Matt or Robbie to see if they are available for a private lesson.

At Camelback and Scottsdale Rd is a great shopping center in case you have to buy any gifts or people watch.

Kierland (spelling- near Scottsdale and Bell?) is where PF Chang is located-near Dillon. It also has a Cheesecake Factory, Morton's, and Tommy Bahamas. Fox Sports bar is located up in that neighborhood.

The Scottsdale Gun club is supposed to be excellent.

Forget the chain restaurants. Head to the Roaring Fork for happy hour, knock back a huckleberry margarita and chomp down a Big Ass Burger or spend some $$ on their excellent dinner menu. Furios in downtown Scottsdale is good too. AZ 88 for martinis. Salty Senorita for margaritas.

Brewpubs? Head to Four Peaks in Tempe.

And if you like nice shotguns, check out william Larkin and Moore, which is near Scottsdale Gun Club.

just got back and figured I'd post an update on the trip....

scottsdale gun club has got to be the nicest gun store and range I've ever seen. decent sale staff. awesome selection of guns. I rented a G36 and an M60. The M60 was sick!!!

shooter's world is pretty good as well. very well stocked and extra nice people.

dillon's factory store was disappointing in size and selection. They did have all their models on display with the ability to load a round.

if you're ever going to travel to scottsdale, I recommend the James Hotel. Supermodels everywhere....