Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving from KY to AZ

atbarr

Hello people, we’re moving to AZ from KY in a couple of weeks. I have a few guns that have a total value of approximately $4,000. Most of these have high (to me) dollar scopes and other add ons. I plan to ship my wife’s car and I figured I’d put all my guns inside the car and then cover them up with other stuff. I know I’ll have to carry my wife’s jewelry, primers and powder in the car I’ll be driving there. What do I need to do to protect myself?

From zi Germans! Sorry couldn't resist.

When I moved from TX to FL, the moving truck driver had me open the safe to verify what was inside. He said it didn't matter if there were or were not guns but they had to be inventoried for insurance reasons. I'm willing to bet if there was an incident with the car in transit, where the guns/scopes/etc., were destroyed that you won't be covered on the shippers insurance.

I suggest calling the carrier who will be transporting the car for their insurance notice or claim requirements.

4 hours ago, atbarr said:

I plan to ship my wife’s car and I figured I’d put all my guns inside

Will the people driving the truck have the keys for the car?  Guess I'm presuming

the car goes on a truck???   If they don't have the keys to the car, I'd feel okay ... :)

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Will the people driving the truck have the keys for the car?  Guess I'm presuming

the car goes on a truck???   If they don't have the keys to the car, I'd feel okay ... :)

It looks like we’ll be shipping this on a Transport carrier. Every company I talked to today, said the car has to be empty.

have the guns scheduled/insured under a Personal Articles Policy.. this way they will be covered  even in "Mysterious Disappearance" situations. instead of just theft

also a bonus is they are cheap and NO Ded

Edited by ogiebb

2 minutes ago, ogiebb said:

have the guns scheduled/insured under a Personal Articles Policy.. this way they will be covered  even in "Mysterious Disappearance" situations. instead of just theft

also a bonus is they are cheap and NO Deductable.

Yeah Buddy