Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition belt question for USPSA

ItsCZas123

Hi I am looking into taking a course for introduction to practical shooting and one of the requirements is a belt that goes through at least 3 belt loops see below.

Can I use a Double Alpha belt the I have that has the inner belt and outer belt as long as the inner belt goes through the loops or do I have to buy a new belt that loops through?

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:

BELT – a belt rigid enough to hold magazine pouches and a holster. Belt must go through a minimum of 3 belt loops. A typical dress belt is not recommended.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

your belt is fine, the inner belt goes through your belt loops, outer belt attaches to it.

you can even use a belt that does not go through any belt loops as long as the holster doesn't move when you draw your gun.

I have some Safariland ELS belts, I can wear them with no inner belt and it is secure and meets the requipments in the rule book.

Looks like USPSA Rule

5.2.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying the holster and allied equipment must be worn during the course of fire; the belt must be worn at the waist level, which is deemed to be at the same level as the original belt loops on the lower garment. (See 5.2.3.1 for exceptions.) The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops. The belt may be removed between courses of fire.

So an inner/outer belt like a Double Alpha is good, along with a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructors belt, or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

As a side note, the Wilderness tactical belts are excellent, have used one for work for several years. My only recommendation would be to get one that doesn't have the steel buckle (they have a few other ones now) as mine develops some very light surface rust when I'm in humid areas for extended periods.

On 9/8/2016 at 9:27 PM, 9x45 said:

Looks like USPSA Rule

5.2.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying the holster and allied equipment must be worn during the course of fire; the belt must be worn at the waist level, which is deemed to be at the same level as the original belt loops on the lower garment. (See 5.2.3.1 for exceptions.) The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops. The belt may be removed between courses of fire.

So an inner/outer belt like a Double Alpha is good, along with a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructors belt, or similar.

Where does the Wilderness Tactical fit into the scheme?  Inner belt?

I'm ramping up for USPSA and already run the WTOI in IDPA.

Wilderness Tactical or a solid Leather gun belt can also be your only choice -- I started with Wilderness Tactical when I first came over from IDPA; I know of a couple of people still rocking Leather (single, not inner and outer) gunbelts....

Inner/Outer helps, because your equipment can be set to not move on the outer belt, and as long as you hit your index when joining it to the inner belt, your gear winds up in the exact position you're used to....

11 minutes ago, Nik Habicht said:

Wilderness Tactical or a solid Leather gun belt can also be your only choice -- I started with Wilderness Tactical when I first came over from IDPA; I know of a couple of people still rocking Leather (single, not inner and outer) gunbelts....

Inner/Outer helps, because your equipment can be set to not move on the outer belt, and as long as you hit your index when joining it to the inner belt, your gear winds up in the exact position you're used to....

You came from IDPA? Well, that explains so much now!

2 hours ago, FWSixgunner said:

Where does the Wilderness Tactical fit into the scheme?  Inner belt?

I'm ramping up for USPSA and already run the WTOI in IDPA.

The Wilderness Tactical Original Instructors belt is just a belt, it is not an inner belt, just a belt. Works for USPSA just like it works for IDPA. Now you can use an inner/outer belt in USPSA,  but not in IDPA.

5 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

You came from IDPA? Well, that explains so much now!

Well, I was recruited......  :)

....and unlike most USPSA shooters I'm not thrown by shooting during retrograde movement, or weakhand -- though it took me a while to remember how to shoot more than 9 paper on a stage without missing any.....