Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer .375 base pads legal?

ShortBus

Are the .375 base pads legal for production. Going to a level 2 next week and need to know. The shock bottle claim to be .41 thick on stoegers website but I'm not sure if they measure the same way or if the mounting depth is the same. 

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=327&categoryId=51

I will man. They look awesome and the price is right! Good color choices and the engraving make them very appealing. In the description they specify which division its legal in for IDPA but they just say "uspsa" and no production.. Hoping they are legal though!

Owner of springer says they are NOT legal as they will NOT fit in the box :( 

asked abiut out making some smaller and they said no. He said they haven't sold any of the tanfo ones in forever. Felt like saying well duh.. Nobody knows about them and they are illegal!

I use the ones in question.....THEY DO FIT the USPSA Box and even make weight.....   Is a tight fit but they DO ......in my case I had to push the rear sight in since mine is like 10 clips up.

IMG-20160406-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20160308-WA0035.jpg

Depending on where they milled out the slot for it to slide on to the magazine tube could change the OAL. So even if they are technically thicker, the OAL of the magazine with them installed could be different. Or atleast that's how I'm thinking. 

Yes they are legal, and yes you can depress your sight.

Adjustable sights can not only be depressed while they are pushing into the box, but you are also allowed to go to a safety table and screw down your rear sight to a certain height. 

At 3 major matches (2 level 3's and a level 2) I have gone to the safety table, screwed my sight down 16 clicks, gone to the box, and gone directly back to the safety table and pushed it back up 16 clicks, for 2 guns.

Plus the Springers kick ass.

Wyatt