Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75B vs CZ 75 SP-01 for Carry Optics

tanks

Which is more accurate, easier to handle from an ergonomics standpoint and/or customizable in regards to triggers etc.? I am in CA, so SP-01 Shadow variants etc. are not available to me.

Edited by tanks

SP01 hands down. Accuracy is the same, SP01 is heavier at the nose which helps mitigate muzzle flip, the SP01 has checkering on the frame front and back, ambidextrous safeties/mag release, longer beaver tail, also there is no extended mag release available for the 75B.

Which is more accurate, easier to handle from an ergonomics standpoint and/or customizable in regards to triggers etc.? I am in CA, so SP-01 Shadow variants etc. are not available to me.

Get a CZ 85 combat if you can't get a sp01 or shadow.

Get a CZ 85 combat if you can't get a sp01 or shadow.

I would rather have the enhanced frame on the SP01 (Beaver tail, relieved trigger guard, beveled magwell) than the baller non FPB trigger. the swing foward on the FPB's isn't that big of a deal, with comp hammers the break is the same.

Granted, I prefer working on the non-FPB guns more than the the FPB (1 less roll pin, 2 less springs, no lifter, easier to get at the firing pin), but if you had to pick, I would pick the enhanced frame over the baller trigger.

My slide will be back from CZC in hopefully not much longer. I will be posting pics since I have yet to see any on here.

I tried the Springer Precision mount and it sucks. Looked awesome at first but had zero press fit and 2 super tiny set screws on the very outer edges of the dovetail to secure it. I tightened as much as possible then taped it with nylon hammer to see it it moved and it sure did. Besides to loose the dot with a mount because you can't see the slide or anything as a reference point. Being able to see the top of the slide through the window will make a natural point of aim easy again.