Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster info for CK Arms 2011

zzt

What holsters are you running for the CK Arms 2011 frame and grip? They appear to be closest to the SV steel grip, but I'm not sure. Is there anything that works without modification?

Edited by zzt

Thanks 412, but it is the frame that counts. I know I wrote grip, but that was wrong and I corrected it.

Edit: was right the first time and changed it back. Senior moment.

Edited by zzt

Thanks Waco. I run a RM Magnetic now with my STI grip. Saul says the STI block will work but the gun will wobble in it, because the trigger guard on the CK is thinner. He also says the SV block will work if modified, because the trigger guard is a different shape. I'll check out the Ghost.

zzt. I'm also running an RM magnetic w/ a muzzle support for my CK with the CK steel grip. Once I got the support set up right, it doesn't wobble at all and still comes out like butter. I tried my older ghost and it moved around way too much for my liking. None of the set screws would adjust out far enough to keep it stable.

Thanks Waco. I run a RM Magnetic now with my STI grip. Saul says the STI block will work but the gun will wobble in it, because the trigger guard on the CK is thinner. He also says the SV block will work if modified, because the trigger guard is a different shape. I'll check out the Ghost.

Funny how we all seem to have different experiences.

Saul told me to run SV steel RM insert for CK steel grip. It fit mine with no modification. Rock solid.

The CK grip was wider than an STI grip and I had to file a bunch out of the STI RM insert to make CK fit. Again, it want loose or sloppy it was so tight I could barely get it in there before filing. According to what I'm hearing the SV insert fits so good there are no plans to make a custom insert for CK. Of course things are always subject to change and that may eventually happen but I'd bet it would just be a repackaged SV insert.:)

Wow! The only thing I can think of is trigger guards changed over time. Or, there is a significant manufacturing tolerance in grips and/or blocks and some will fit while others will not. Here is Saul's reply to my question:

HI steve,

The aluminum STI grip will work as is with our STI2011 insert you have.

The CK grip is slightly thinner on the trigger guard and while the STI insert can be used, the gun will rock a little. The SV steel insert will give a better fit, but some light adjustments may be needed, similar to what you did with the SP01 to fit the TS.

Best Regards,

Saul Kirsch
General Manager
Double-Alpha Academy B.V.

That is the opposite of Sarge's experience, but seems to match XDM's. I take it from Saul's response the CK trigger guard is thinner front to rear than the STI and that is what will cause the rocking. Sarge says the CK guard is wider. Saul says the SV block may have to be modified as I did with the SP01 block. with that, I had to remove material to get it to fit around the thicker (front to rear) TS guard. So I'm assuming the SV grip is the same vis-a-vis the CK.

I believe Sarge is talking about CK metal grip and Sal is discussing polymer. There is a difference. Fact remains the SV steel version holster is the tightest and therefore is best when fit is questionable so you have room modify.

Zzt I was doing some dry fire practice tonight and realized that I actually do have some wiggle side to side in my holster but still nothing up and down, probably due to having a muzzle support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...