Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1050 not seating new primers

Cranked out about 20. And 5 didn't get primers. The live primers are ending up on my bench. I've tried to search but don't find anything where someone is having this issue.

Anyone got a fix?

Have you pulled the primer tube out and looked at the plastic piece at the base of the tube? If it os worm or damaged it could be the issue.

I have not. This is a brand new press so it's not gonna be worn. But it might be damaged.

Let us know what the root cause is when you figure it out.. My money is on tbe plastic tip of tbe primer tube.

I'll have to look thru the manual. I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

Worst case u lose 4 bucks of primers. No big deal. It is hard to describe here goes. At the back of the primer slide u loosen the slide stop and rotate it so if u wanted to you could pull it out the back. Nut before you fo thst you unscrew the slider actuator assembly up so it disengaged from primer slide. Now undo the 2 cap screws that hold the primer tube to the 1050. Now with left hand grab primer tube, with right hand grab the primer slide. Now lift both keeping a tight fit of the slide and tube togeyher so primets do not fall out, and move it to a towel or bowl then seperate the two and primets will drop.

Silly question, but did you insert the follower? I taped a 158gr bullet to the top and as mentioned by others the nut should be snug but not tight.

the tip is blue for small primers and red for large.

Ok. I think I've got the problem solved.

I think the knurled nut was screwed down too tight and was deforming the plastic tip.

I took it out and inspected it. It was not damaged. I put it back in and loaded 100 rnds problem free.

Thanks everyone!

Let me know what you find out. I just started having this problem also. I replaced the blue plastic tip and cleaned everything and it was still popping primers on the bench. This is so frustrating when it does happen and the H335 powder just gets everywhere.

Well, see the post above yours.

I've loaded 300 since with 0 issues.

Make sure that knurled nob is not tight. Screw it down until it starts to get tight the. Back it off just a little. That seems to be what my problem was.

Hope that works! Let us know.

Edited by B_RAD

BullyDog, the follower may need a little help in the form of some additional weight. Also check the back of the primer slide, there is a piece of rubber (gas) hose that causes issues if its worn or torn.